Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    IMHO...I think it would look wierd....
    +1

But I have seen it on several cars. I have been looking at these rotors and might just pick them up and wait for mine to die.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Hey Dane, what pads are you planning to run with these rotors??
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Prolly an Akebono....or PBR ultimates....ceramic......

or may try something totally different. Ima do some research first.

I know I am gonna get the ECSTuning exact fit SS brake lines though....

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...ines/ES252665/
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

My research is pointing towards Akebono currently. Still looking though.
    -ADAM

Good find Dane. These are the same ones I installed a couple months ago. I got mine from Tischer before they sold out of them. This is an even better price plus free shipping! I'm almost tempted to order a spare set of the fronts.

Here is a thread with more info about these by a guy that installed a set back in 2007. He paid $1200 for the set!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=504694

When I did mine I found some places that recommend using some brake grease on the pins or some said to use it on the pins as well as back of the pads and where the pads slide on the caliper bracket. Bentley though said to install everything dry, no lube, which would be what I would agree with....grease just attracts dust and dirt. I even e mailed Mike Miller and asked him, his reply was "I always lubricate the back of the brake pads and the caliper slide points with high temperature anti-seize compound. It guards against brake squeak."

I ended up deciding to go with no lube, no problems/squeaks so far.

Like the guy mentions in that thread though, everything needs to be nice and clean. I bought one of these a couple years ago ($13 back then) and it's been maybe the best $13 I've ever spent.

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-too...der-52848.html

I used it with a 2" wire wheel and it saved me at least a few hours of time getting everything spotless. I wish now though that I would have painted the calipers when I had them apart. This pic is obviously taken before I cleaned the calipers.

OK....great info. Thanks bro...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Mine came on Monday. Cant wait to have a free Saturday to slap these bad boys on. Going to do Brakes/sensors as well. Prolly paint the calipers (Not red) too.
    -ADAM

Oh snap these things are sexy. I love it when I get parts that have German writing all over them....

Those are too pretty to run with calipers and pads....
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Pics coming....

Last edited by danewilson77; 12-01-2010 at 06:21 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast