Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Euro Auto Spot (euroautospot) -- San Diego (review) -- BMW Repair

This is where I take my BMWs.

I first met Shane Nguyen (owner of Euro Auto Spot) in 2001 -- when he was working at BMW of San Diego. He has worked on every one of my cars since then. The guy is a magician when it comes to BMW vehicles. When Shane left BMW of San Diego -- and headed to Cunningham BMW (now called South County BMW) -- I took my business there. When he left Cunningham for Harloff (now called BMW of Encinitas), I followed him there.

Fact is, Shane is one of the best techs in San Diego. When he opened his own shop two years ago, I was ecstatic. You're getting BMW trained technicians without the dealer overhead. That means more money stays in my pockets. Euro Auto Spot also has several BMW master techs on its staff, which is more impressive. Most indy shops are lucky to have one. Half of Euro Auto Spot's staff has received the master tech designation.

If you're looking for an honest mechanic, and a reasonable price, Euro Auto Spot is your place in San Diego.

In sum, Euro Auto Spot, which is family owned, will get my business for as long as I own a BMW.

Shane is a really good person. I take my car to him when things go really wrong. In fact even when I take my car next door to 2M Auto Body Shane is willing to provide input.......

Shane is great at what he does and will tell you the truth about your car or any upgrades you are thinking about doing.....

He's especially frank about modifications. Shane, at heart, is a purist. He thinks that most mods are a waste of money. And, even though he would make money on the labor, he will go out of his way to tell you that you're wasting your money. That's what I like most about him. He'll be honest -- even though it means he won't make money.

You hit the nail on the head. I was looking at Forced Induction which he was going to do install..... Told me a waste of money said if I wanted speed take the money and drop it on M3..... Instead I picked up ZHP instead of wasting the money.......

That's Shane for you. I've heard him say stuff like that for more than a decade. It's why I won't let me friends go any place else.

Quote Originally Posted by GSEN820 View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. I was looking at Forced Induction which he was going to do install..... Told me a waste of money said if I wanted speed take the money and drop it on M3..... Instead I picked up ZHP instead of wasting the money.......
    I'd be curious as to why he thought it was a "waste of money". Now, I have heard people say that it's not worth it compared to the value of the car these days, but that's different than saying it's a waste. Did he mention why he thought that?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

John,

When I talked about Forced Induction it was for my 325ci.....

Shane's rationalization was looking at 5k for the system then aroun 1.5k for installation I would be vested in this a whole lot for not ever being able to beat on M3 or even really a ZHP for that matter. In order to unlock the power I would want it would take an Exhaust, Headers,etc. I would still have to pay for these. I called VF surperhargers and talked to them in depth about the kit.

What you see on their website with Dyno all had headers, exhaust, intakes.

When I looked at the 325ci getting boosted was a lot more than 6-6.5k than I wanted to spend. In order to reach the 274hp gain I was going to have to put on some mods and hope that I didnt have any engine problems.

Total to get what I wanted with labor and everything it was going to be expensive.

He drives a 540i that is VF boosted and says if he did it over again he would have went M5.

It kinda made sense after spending over an hour on the phone with the VF guys. The dyno sheets had modded parts that I still dont have on my car. The only reason I wanted to do it was because of the Hellrot color in 325ci being different. Especially if it was boosted. Not like it will be going to car shows or anything.

In the long run I now have 2 cars and the 325ci still can average 25mpg where the ZHP is so much fun I dont think it will ever get that.

Great detail, thanks Gary. That certainly makes sense.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Your Welcome John,

I had to talk to people who really knew. The VF dyno really disappointed me in that I needed other mods to get it to 274hp. This was the real deal breaker for me. Then the good ole CA emissions test to factor in as well.

Congrats to Shane and crew for being voted the best repair shop in all of San Diego. Euro Auto Spot beat out 183 other repair shops in San Diego. It's a big deal. They not only beat out their European-car peers, they beat out general-purpose shops as well.

The contest was held by 10News.com (San Diego ABC affiliate).

Good job, Euro Auto Spot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast