Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I/R TLC - Spring detail...

First, please forgive the horrendous winter wheels. I did not touch them, clean them, or generally acknowledge their existence during this detail. Why? Because they're history in 4 days when my new and improved 135s are ready. Over summer I'm going to look for some style 68s for winter use.

This detail wasn't an amazing transformation. Just got the crap from winter out of the paint. The car never sees a garage and bears the brunt of the NE winter, as you'll see on the MTechII.

Process:
    - wash, clay, wash, menz (cutting polish) with yellow pad, menz (light cut) with white pad, menz FMJ, Collinite IW.

Here we go, a day of work in photos:

Dirty:

Ouch:

More dirty:

Ouch - car was keyed. I put touch up over it to keep rust out until I can get it resprayed. It's really deep:

Products. I probably used .2% of these.

Step one - debadge. Tools:

What's in a name?

Wash-town:

After clay, ready for another wash:

(Yes, I realize that in all of these pictures the car looks essentially the same. It will look essentially the same in the end, too, so if you're into surprise endings, this ain't your thread).

After first two rounds of polish (Menzerna):

That guy!

Lost track of the stages here - some of these pics are post Menzerna FMJ, and then others are after the top-coat of Collinite Insulator Wax. The Collinite gives Imola the deepness that the FMJ lacks. FMJ is really great, but its shine is almost "plastic," and I like depth, especially on IR:

Paint all finished, before trim:

Trim time!

That stuff is freaking amazing. It should be called, "Black Holy Shi*!"

Shake your shiny heiney:

And an E90 sandwich with some E46 buns:

Bye, thanks for looking!
    Last edited by zhpnsnv; 05-22-2011 at 08:18 AM.
    - Marc

Looks great, Marc.

Nice work!

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks!

I should also mention I did the polishing with a PC and 4 inch pads. FMJ and IW applied/removed by hand.
    - Marc

I rather enjoyed this post. Thanks, sir.

Thanks!

Am I going crazy, or has the navigation thing that's at the bottom of the page mysteriously gone?
    - Marc

Marc, that's really funny you asked. I removed it about an hour ago. Testing some performance items out on the site. I temporarily disabled it.

So you use that navigation thing, eh?

YES BRING IT BACK! I get to the bottom of a thread and don't want to click back to the top to get to where I need to go, you know?

I do have one request about the navigation now that we're on the subject: when I click it, I'd like it to be on the forum I'm on, not the top of the list.

hahahahaha I know, I know.
    - Marc

It's coming back. Just disabled for a few hours.

Also, not sure what you mean when you say top of the list -- versus in the same forum.

Let's take this discussion over to site suggestions. Post your comment over there. I don't want to clutter your thread up with this stuff.

Thanks, Marc.

Looks great. Well done.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Great Job!

Unless you're using manual focus...It's nearly impossible to focus correctly when you're trying to do correction shots

She looks really pretty though.

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast