Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Alcantara Steering wheel

I have leather seats but the cloth steering wheel. any way to restitch it? its kind of rough and worn out.

Don't know if this will help but..

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...ntara+Steering

X, you might also be interested in this: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-a-10-discount

I am looking for a worn Alcantara steering wheel.

I need to get mine re-wrapped and wanted a replacement so I could drive while one is being upgraded.

Three pedal ZHP

Talk to coby wheel (sponsor). I'm pretty sure he send you a wheel and you install your stuff on it like airbag, etc, and just send him the core back....
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Talk to coby wheel (sponsor). I'm pretty sure he send you a wheel and you install your stuff on it like airbag, etc, and just send him the core back....
    Hey thanks. Gotta look into that when I get back home. These business trips sure do get in the way at times.

Three pedal ZHP

The alcantara wheel was a sweet idea, except for that whole..."it wears fast as shit thing." I've been looking to re-wrap mine, too. Either that, or just buy an M3 tri-stitch wheel altogether. They're only about $600 or so. I've heard of people taking off the old alcantara and stitching on brand new alcantara.

Edit: Wow!! I just looked into the whole re-wrap thing by Coby. Only $175! That's awesome. Okay. Screw the M3 wheel idea. I'm re-wrapping mine over the summer.

Now, the question is, how long does the steering wheel hold up, in general? Mine from 2004 is pretty worn. The top center has zero alcantara left. I'd hate to have to do this every two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zell View Post
    The alcantara wheel was a sweet idea, except for that whole..."it wears fast as shit thing." I've been looking to re-wrap mine, too. Either that, or just buy an M3 tri-stitch wheel altogether. They're only about $600 or so. I've heard of people taking off the old alcantara and stitching on brand new alcantara.
    If you want to rewrap, consider Coby Wheel (an affiliate advertiser on this site). They do absolutely stunning work! And, use the link below to get to their site, and you get a 10% discount as well.
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-a-10-discount
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Zell, I think it matters how it was taken care of. Also, they can be cleaned. I have 142k on my car, and my wheel is still ok. Not bad enough to change yet. Get cobywheel to wrap a tri stitch for you and I bet u get another 6 years at least if you keep greasey french fry hands off of it!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Zell, I think it matters how it was taken care of. Also, they can be cleaned. I have 142k on my car, and my wheel is still ok. Not bad enough to change yet. Get cobywheel to wrap a tri stitch for you and I bet u get another 6 years at least if you keep greasey french fry hands off of it!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    Yup, that's what I figured, if I keep up with it according to the alcantara website I'll be totally set. Even two rewraps is cheaper than a new steering wheel

Food is a no-no in my car I'm thinking of doing the black M3-style tri-stitch because it seems to fit the interior color better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast