Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Lower intake boot for sure. Mine cracked on the small flexible house and you described it exactly how I did. I should be getting mine in today and I will post results.

I dont think it is the lower intake boot at all. I installed a K&N replacement air filter into my OEM air box, and immediately after I experience the same whistle. You should check and see if the previous owner (or maybe you) installed a different than OEM filter. I think the aftermarket filters just whistle a bit. Only reason I don't think it is the intake boot, is the milage of the car...fairly low for those kind of issues it seems?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse M View Post
    Lower intake boot for sure. Mine cracked on the small flexible house and you described it exactly how I did. I should be getting mine in today and I will post results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    I dont think it is the lower intake boot at all. I installed a K&N replacement air filter into my OEM air box, and immediately after I experience the same whistle. You should check and see if the previous owner (or maybe you) installed a different than OEM filter. I think the aftermarket filters just whistle a bit. Only reason I don't think it is the intake boot, is the milage of the car...fairly low for those kind of issues it seems?
    Check both.....

Boot crack should throw a code.....filter element would not...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Check both.....

Boot crack should throw a code.....filter element would not...
    A resolution was finally made, and the constitution of the United States of America was born.

signed,

Dane Wilson.

A resolution was finally made, and the constitution of the United States of America was born.

signed,

Dane Wilson.

Just sayin......dhu eeeeeet.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

-- Confirmed. Sound is gone, no CEL.

Only reason I don't think it is the intake boot, is the milage of the car...fairly low for those kind of issues it seems?
    You'd be surprised .. I have 96k, I noticed it ever since I bought it at 82k but I thought it was just one of those 'maybe it's supposed to do that' kind of things. Can't hurt to check it out, just stick your hand down there and feel around the hose..

I just had this "whistle" develop in my E30 yesterday, I'll check the lower intake boot today after work.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

I have the same sound. I thought it was actually part of my drive-by-wire throttle lol. All this dag gumb newfangled tek-naw-low-gee!

Turns out I found a small, paperclip-sized crack in my lower boot. I'll go ahead and replace it to see if that solves it.

Quote Originally Posted by llll1l1ll View Post
    I have the same sound. I thought it was actually part of my drive-by-wire throttle lol. All this dag gumb newfangled tek-naw-low-gee!

Turns out I found a small, paperclip-sized crack in my lower boot. I'll go ahead and replace it to see if that solves it.
    I would bet it does.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast