Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    spencers Guest
    25 degrees this morning and the whistle is GONE!

I can finally drive at ease knowing I've finally solved this stupid noise!!!!

I am so glad I found this thread and hopefully I will have my sanity back when cruising on the freeway. I have this annoying whine that happens only when I am driving and from 10-15% throttle. Above or below that it immediately goes away. No codes or anything. Just the whine. I thought it sounded electronic in nature and couldnt tell where it was coming from, but it sounds like others have solved this with new intake boots. I am kind of surprised I can hear it on the freeway if its a tiny air leak but whatever.

I will order the new upper and lower intake boots, F connector, and DISA (what the hell) immediately.

http://www.bmw330ci.net/maintenance/tubeelbow.php
    Last edited by NorCalZman; 03-28-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678