Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Thread: 2003 bmw z4

2003 bmw z4

Hello guys. I am new to the BMW car series. I owned Toyota cars before and I know nothing maintenance wise on these cars. My question is: Can you do the maintenance yourself? I did all the routine maintenance on my Toyota Corolla and never had any problems out of it. Also, are the BMW cars pretty reliable if you keep up with the routine maintenance and tune ups? Last question, what is the routine maintenance and the intervals. Thanks in advance to whoever takes their time to read my question and answers them.

Autozone.com
    OK, let's break it down:

Quote Originally Posted by bigmo692002 View Post
    My question is: Can you do the maintenance yourself? I did all the routine maintenance on my Toyota Corolla and never had any problems out of it.
    Depending on what maintenance you are talking about. Fluids? Yes. Electronics? Probably not. There are a lot of electronics in these cars and a surprising amount of stuff has to be "programmed" when replaced. As far as basic maintenance goes, I think you'll be fine.

Also, are the BMW cars pretty reliable if you keep up with the routine maintenance and tune ups?
    Absolutely, they are very reliable if you keep up with maintenance. A key to the reliability is preventative maintenance as well, namely the cooling system and regular oil changes. If you stay on top of it, expect to get over 300k out of the engines.

Last question, what is the routine maintenance and the intervals. Thanks in advance to whoever takes their time to read my question and answers them.
    Routine maintenance includes, but not limited to: oil + filter changes (engine + transmission), air filter and other filter changes, suspension bushings all around, cooling system (you cannot ignore this one; must be done on a regular basis between 60-90k otherwise you run the risk of water pump failure and/or radiator + expansion tank failures), and a couple of other things I'm probably missing.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.