Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yokohama Avid ENVigor tires

I need to get new tires soon, and I want to do away with my RFTs since I do not have a TPMS. Since I live in NC and am a college student, I'd rather have some all-seasons rather than dedicate summer/winter tires and rims. I just do not have the time or money to do that right now. What do you all think of Yokohama Avid ENVigors? I've read great reviews, heard that their treadlife is phenomenal, and the price is pretty awesome.

How do they compare to, say, Continental DWS?

I also live in NC...
    and after much research, i have decided to go with Conti DWS. Their reputation among BMW owners is pretty solid, and for the light snow that NC gets, it will be the perfect solution I think. I am getting them as soon as this summer ends, which will be the last summer on the Michelin OEM summers tires (Pilots)

Top 15 tires in the UHP All season category at tire rack:
    conti DWS is #1, Avid Envigor is #6... (not only the surveys, but the actual tests done by TR also had DWS winning in all categories within the top 4 tires)

2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I have them and love them thus far. I have maybe 2k miles on them...and am assured in the 560 UTQG...........

Affordability and tread wear ...plus decent reviews are why I chose the Yoko's. In addition to that I wanted All Seasons...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane, any reason you didn't go with the DWS? I mean the charts and the test results from TR I posted above may not be 100% perfect, but I do think they have a certain credibility...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I have dws. They were great in the snow in asheville this winter,(we got a lot) and I will prob stick with them, fwiw.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

That's good news...if the DWS is good in Asheville, it should be pretty good in Buies creek, nc

Haha....buis creek! Id be more worried about driving through sand then snow! Lol
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Dane, any reason you didn't go with the DWS? I mean the charts and the test results from TR I posted above may not be 100% perfect, but I do think they have a certain credibility...
    Price and treadwear. Those were my 2 top wickets. Don't really need a sticky tire.....don't really care if the tire is noisy or not.

Washy.....really no reason. I am sure the dws is a better tire.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I love my dws. Go around offramps with no tire squeal and hauling ass.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Yeah, I may go with the DWS then. They are more expensive but I have heard really really great things about them. Though I have read that the sidewalls are soft and they do not corner well? Or something like that. Since snow does not come around all that often here in NC, I basically need a tire that will give me great warm-weather performance with the ability to deal with light snow should it come around. I'm also big on it being quiet and having good treadwear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast