Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think we'll be covered with DWS - it may not corner superlatively, but to be honest, I don't do much aggressive cornering at all. And a bit softer side wall is exactly what makes it so good in light snow and wet weather, so....
    I think it will give me overall good handling, safety in wet/light snow and good dry performance. I wish the tread pattern looked a bit more aggressive merely for looks, but I know that's nit picking...
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Well, I got a quote asking how much it would be to mount + balance tires at my local euro shop. They said $915, and would be Continental DWS (I didn't even ask them what to recommend, they just flat-out threw that out there). Is that a good deal compared to just buying them separately off of TireRack and giving them to them?

After reading more about the DWS's, and the fact that the local shop went with them right away when I said I was getting new tires, I'm going to go with them.

zell, if that is for 2 225, and 2 255, that is not a bad price. i just got quoted 450 for 2 235 (which is what i run up front). fyi. do it.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Zell, is it import motor werks, by any chance?. I think that's an OK price.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I've been researching tires as well for the Audi -- also sticking with all seasons and decided to order the Conti DWS's as well. The current P6's have a little life left but it's coming up and wife put a screw in another one so need to see if patch is holding. If not think I'm just going to bite the bullet really don't like the P6's.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Zell, is it import motor werks, by any chance?. I think that's an OK price.
    European Performance off of Western in Raleigh. I've really been impressed with them so far.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    FWIW, I also have the Yokohama Avid ENVigors. And price and treadwear were up there for me too. I've had them on for about 18K now, and I'm very happy with the ride and handling and the are wearing very well.

And they do very well in the rain. And when it snows, which is not frequent where I live, I leave the ZHP at home and work from home those days. When we need to get out, we take my wife's Expedition. So, snow traction was not a consideration for me.
    Last edited by Luigi; 05-13-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: added information from second post (deleted second post)
    Luigi
    04 Black Sapphire Metallic ZHP, 6-speed manual, stock save chromed wheels, 68K, born February 2004
    BMW CCA of Oregon Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12