Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Worth quoting. If you invest in coilovers but don't spend the money to get your car corner balanced, you're missing out on the full potential of your setup.
    What if it's a DD? Would you notice the effects of CB?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Absolutely.
    Copy.....need to find a place then I guess. Thanks Eli....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I had KW V2's on the way and Eli at Autobahn South all lined up to do the CB for my GTI a few days before it was destroyed. Luckily I didn't have to eat the coilovers. That setup would have been excellent.

My car had low miles when I put the springs on. I left the stock shocks on. That way I could take my time to scope out the coilovers I wanna run. I figure when my shocks need to be replaced, I will be ready to step up. And corner balancing is a must.

Sent using alien technology and Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Worth quoting. If you invest in coilovers but don't spend the money to get your car corner balanced, you're missing out on the full potential of your setup.
    I'll share my experience on this. Long story short, I had mine all setup with one set of springs, corner balanced and aligned. Decided I needed stiffer springs, so swapped it all out and set the corners at the same exact height they were with the less-stiff springs, alignment the same too. Car felt "hunched over" until I had the CB done again. Moral of the story, you cannot guess at this.

The speed shop who did the CB and initial alignment charges just 2 hours of labor. CB can be time consuming, so set the ride height where you want it and they'll fine tune for you from there. They did mine with me sitting in the driver seat. In absence of you, they can put equivalent ballast in your place.
    Jeff

Golden Gate Chapter BMW CCA - Autocross - Join Us!

"You drive like old people $#@%... slow and sloppy!" - George Carlin

Who does CB'ing? Will my alignment guy be able to handle something like this?

I really have no idea what I am doing

That's exactly what they did with mine. Once the ride height was where I wanted it (gave it two weeks to settle), I brought it to Orr Autosport and they asked me my weight so they could get it correct with me in the car by using ballast. IIRC, I paid $150 or $200.

The rear of my car would not plant itself under strong acceleration out of corners, it felt a little weird. Now after being corner balanced, it's predictable and smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by bullfrogs_M3 View Post
    Who does CB'ing? Will my alignment guy be able to handle something like this?
    You will probably need to call around. Try EVOMS.

Prior to corner balancing, did you just set the ride height by measuring from the ground and adjusting until equal on all corners?

Never use the ground as a measurement point. Even the most skilled mason will tell you that it's nearly impossible to have perfectly level concrete across a large area.

Use the center of the wheel hub (roundel) to the fender instead.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast