Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    When I was on the prowl for M3 mirrors, I figured out something right away. The 2005+ ZHP has the ribbon style connectors. Therefore, we had to transplant my stock mirror motor into the M3 mirror housing. In other words, it was not plug and play.

I found a girl who was selling her M3 mirrors (she had them on a 2004 ZHP). When I asked her about them, she told me that her mirrors were not compatible with my car (something about 2004 ZHPs having 12 pin connectors!). My guess is that BMW changed our connectors between the 2004 and 2005 model years.

Anyhow, I eventually got it sorted out.

I had Shane, owner of Euro Auto Spot, make them work. He had the mirrors all day. He is not a hack, so he wanted to do these perfectly. After procuring the parts, he customized the interior of the mirrors. The result is that my mirrors work perfectly. Just like factory. They move up, down, side to side, and the reverse tilt works on them. Couldn't be more pleased with the work (shout out to Steve Yurkovic, a tech at Euro Auto Spot, who played point on the mirrors).

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I found a girl who was selling her M3 mirrors (she had them on a 2004 ZHP). When I asked her about them, she told me that her mirrors were not compatible with my car (something about 2004 ZHPs having 12 pin connectors!). My guess is that BMW changed our connectors between the 2004 and 2005 model years.
    That's the sort of info I needed to find out. So apparently the only motors I can use are stock sedan motors with the ribbon cable for 2005? That's an awfully limited selection...

It's not looking too good at this point. We'll have to see if I can find a motor that will work with what I have...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

BP, that's what I am thinking. I had my stock mirrors, so I could just move the motors to the M3 mirror housing. You have the previous owner's M3 mirrors with whatever he did to them. You don't have the luxury of moving the motors from your stock mirrors because you don't have them any longer. That's what sucks about the situation. Now you have to go out and find the style that is compatible with our wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    BP, that's what I am thinking. I had my stock mirrors, so I could just move the motors to the M3 mirror housing. You have the previous owner's M3 mirrors with whatever he did to them. You don't have the luxury of moving the motors from your stock mirrors because you don't have them any longer. That's what sucks about the situation. Now you have to go out and find the style that is compatible with our wiring.
    Well, the thing is, I have a feeling that the motors that are in the housings are the stock motors swapped because the motor I received on eBay is an M3 motor and looks nothing like it. These look similar to a stock mirror motor, so I can only assume that they are swapped motors.

But, despite this, it doesn't answer why the left mirror won't move in a straight line instead of always diagonally. I figure if it was a stock motor, it would move normally....

Perhaps my switch is bad?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Hmmm. I don't know, BP. I don't know enough about the intricacies of our mirrors to tell you.

Glad I like the stock mirrors...

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Glad I like the stock mirrors...

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    Pretty happy with the functionality and looks of mine....
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Believe me, there are people out there who can make M3 mirrors look and perform perfectly. Unfortunately, BP's previous owner wasn't the best at making sure that things were working flawlessly.

I think the M3 mirrors match the car great. I think it's about time some of you guys started liking the M3 look.

I like the m3 mirror look. If someone would give them to me for free, Id find a way to make them work. Until then, I just blew my grocery money on a set of springs, shocks, and struts....so no m3 mirror for me. keep at it Botond, you'll get it.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I was patient with my M3 mirrors. Guy wrecked his M3. He was parting out the car. Got them for $250. Score.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast