Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Blackstone Oil Report

For those who are interested, just got my report back from Blackstone for my recent oil change.

Oil was BMW 5w-30 and was in there for 5,600 miles (5 months).

Text portion of report as follows:

KEITH: We don't see any problems in this first report from your 3.0L BMW I-6 engine. Universal averages show normal wear after about 6,000 miles on the oil. With a similar oil run, your engine produced very comparable wear, and that's a good indication your engine is wearing as expected.

The TBN shows active additive left at 3.5. Since a reading of 1.0 is low, and no unusual contamination in the form of fuel, water, coolant, or dirt (silicon) was found, we think you'd be fine running your next oil longer. Try 8,000 miles and resample to monitor. Nice report!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Excellent keith. Good for you, and beneficial for us...sounds like we can go a little further with oil..my last change was at 7k...id like to be able to go 8 to 9.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

With you, David. I'm going to go 7.5k-8k this time and re-submit as they suggested.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

So what is the expense involved with this testing, keith?

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

They send you the sample container at no charge.

Basic test is $25 and gives you the levels of various metals, silica, coolant, gas, etc. in the oil.

For another $10 they do the TBN test which tells you how much additive was left in the oil.

So $35 plus shipping (I sent it UPS-- think it was $8).

Well worth the $$ imo.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Extremely interesting. Thanks for posting this.

May do this for my car, considering it's an engine I've never worked with and I want to see what the PO did.

What was the turn-around for this?

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post

What was the turn-around for this?
    Thanks for bringing that up, actually.

Super fast turn around. I shipped it UPS on Friday, April 22 and got the results via email this afternoon.

Couldn't be happier with that company.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Nice TBN.
    Can we see the full report, pls? Thanks. I want to see the Pb and Si numbers.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

For a man that's never held a drill, washburn, you knoe a lot about oil! Damn pharmacists! Lol

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Autozone.com
    LOL - Yeah i am rather obsessed with motor oils I think I have 9,000 posts in the oil forum that I frequent, and right now I am on a 1-week ban from it (things do get pretty emotional in oil forums - yep), and feeling some withdrawals
    My ban ends tomorrow though
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast