Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Here you go, Wash. Feel free to share your interpretation, please.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Thanks for the full report.

holy moly! i have seen virgin oil analysis of the BMW oil and it's pretty heavy on Moly (Molybdenum [Mb]-anti-wear additive), very nice.

Lead - very low - NICE! (comes from bearings, mostly)

Like blackstone already said, all the numbers look good, but i wonder why they never commented on the fact that you added 1 qt of oil during the OC interval, which makes numbers look a bit better than reality, additives, TBN, Viscosity numbers etc etc, and the wear metal numbers, too.
    ( AFAIK, they didn't do a projected calculation taking the top-up 1 qt into account, and i don't think it would have been very different, I am just nit-picking) it's not a big concern, and I think you have a nicely wearing engine, and I am also currently doing a 8k mile interval, (using Syntec Euro 0w-30), that's the magic number of miles to get a good idea of how good the oil/engine/price benefit combo is playing out.

Next time, if you do a 8k mile analysis, perhaps you can ask them to make a comment on the amount of oil added during the run, and how it affects the numbers. BUT like i said, 1 qt in a 7qt capacity may not mean much at all, so don't let it take away from the fact that you have a nice UOA.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Thanks for the full report.

holy moly! i have seen virgin oil analysis of the BMW oil and it's pretty heavy on Moly (Molybdenum [Mb]-anti-wear additive), very nice.

Like blackstone already said, all the numbers look good, but i wonder why they never commented on the fact that you added 1 qt of oil during the OC interval, which makes numbers look a bit better than reality, additives, TBN, Viscosity numbers etc etc, and the wear metal numbers, too.
    ( AFAIK, they didn't do a projected calculation taking the top-up 1 qt into account, and i don't think it would have been very different, I am just nit-picking) it's not a big concern, and I think you have a nicely wearing engine, and I am also currently doing a 8k mile interval, (using Syntec Euro 0w-30), that's the magic number of miles to get a good idea of how good the oil/engine/price benefit combo is playing out.

Next time, if you do a 8k mile analysis, perhaps you can ask them to make a comment on the amount of oil added during the run, and how it affects the numbers. BUT like i said, 1 qt in a 7qt capacity may not mean much at all, so don't let it take away from the fact that you have a nice UOA.
    Very good. Thanks for the feedback, Wash. The 1qt added during this last run was due at least partially to a leaking VCG and Vanos job. Hoping I won't need to add as much this time around.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Very good. Thanks for the feedback, Wash. The 1qt added during this last run was due at least partially to a leaking VCG and Vanos job. Hoping I won't need to add as much this time around.
    I had to add 1-1.5 quarts over the time of my last oil change (6k). What the heck?
    I don't have a leaking VCG or VANOS...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I had to add 1-1.5 quarts over the time of my last oil change (6k). What the heck?
    Have you checked your oil filter housing gasket?

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Have you checked your oil filter housing gasket?

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    There are no leaks that I see...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Which oil were you using?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

There are no leaks that I see...

Have a look here just to make sure.
    http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=12
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Thanks for sharing this Keith. I have a few cars I want to test and the old place we used to use here in Cbus shut its doors a couple of years ago.

I've been changing my oil every 7,500 mi. using BMW oil. I think I may do this analysis too, as I'm curious. I never check my oil on this car...baaaad habit, i know. My vanos problem isn't near as bad now that the oil was changed Monday...coincidence? ooops
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Autozone.com
    Thanks Keith, will check it out.

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast