Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Fitting R-S3s onto OE Wheels

Ok Guys,

I just picked up an extra set of OE wheels (18x8 and 18x9). These are going to be strictly my Autocrossing and Track Wheels.

I want to mount Hankook R-S3 tires on them. Don't tell me to get another tire...I'm not taking any suggestions.

Tirerack only shows tires at 225/40/18 and 255/35/18.

Of course, the sidewall ratings aren't correct (OE Spec is 225/45/18 and 255/40/18). I can't go any wider tires because I need the same tire specs (width wise) for Autocrossing.

So question is...Is there anything wrong with mounting these tires and running them? They will be driven on a Max of 1 hour to events and back...then removed afterwards.

Thanks,

Kyle

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

^^^
    Great sig pic.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Your speedo will be slightly off. That's about all I can think of.

It's going to be a smaller sidewall.

Also, reading the rules I can go bigger tires...So I'm going 235/40/18 and 265/35/18

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

So you can go bigger with the tires but you can't change wheel widths or diameters?

Well damn, I just responded to the same question on the other forum. I explained that you can go to a different size but apparently you already know that now.

Eli, not sure what class he's running but in Stock, the wheels' width and height must remain the same and + or - 1/4" for the offset.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    So you can go bigger with the tires but you can't change wheel widths or diameters?
    Wheels have to be the same Dimensions and Offsets (plus/minus some). Tires I can run whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Mike V View Post
    Well damn, I just responded to the same question on the other forum. I explained that you can go to a different size but apparently you already know that now.

Eli, not sure what class he's running but in Stock, the wheels' width and height must remain the same and + or - 1/4" for the offset.
    Thank you for clarifying that. Someone who runs CS with me corrected me on the rules.

M Coupe will be running AS.