Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    headers and a exaust is a great start, ESS supercharge it with Dinan software and it being a automatic or not, it will make a difference. She'll make you proud and will throw you back in the seat compared to a civic manual, its well worth it man.

nike001 Guest
    az3579, I can usually get a nice judder-free 2nd gear. But I'm talking about getting some wheel spin. I don't see why anyone rev-matches upshifts..

My brother has a Steptronic 335xi and he now has 400+ whp. The JB4/Meth made the biggest impact.

Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    az3579, I can usually get a nice judder-free 2nd gear. But I'm talking about getting some wheel spin. I don't see why anyone rev-matches upshifts..
    A judder free 2nd-gear shift is a rev-matched upshift. That's why.
    All it is, is waiting for the revs to drop where they belong to dump the clutch. There isn't as much to rev-matching an upshift (waiting for revs to fall to dump clutch) than to rev-matching a downshift (by blipping the throttle while downshifting with clutch in). They're the same thing.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    A judder free 2nd-gear shift is a rev-matched upshift. That's why.
    All it is, is waiting for the revs to drop where they belong to dump the clutch. There isn't as much to rev-matching an upshift (waiting for revs to fall to dump clutch) than to rev-matching a downshift (by blipping the throttle while downshifting with clutch in). They're the same thing.
    I know what rev-matching is! lol

I know what rev-matching is! lol
    So why'd you ask why anyone bothers rev-matching upshifts? lol
    I figured the answer would be obvious... for judder-free shifts...

BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

nike001 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    So why'd you ask why anyone bothers rev-matching upshifts? lol
    I figured the answer would be obvious... for judder-free shifts...
    lol it was just me saying i'm not sure why people do it. not how people do it.

My original question was if anyone can get wheelspin from 1st into 2nd (because i barely can...just a peep)

lol it was just me saying i'm not sure why people do it. not how people do it.

My original question was if anyone can get wheelspin from 1st into 2nd (because i barely can...just a peep)
    Sure, well I dont in our auto, but its not hard in nearly any newer car with 200+ hp. Now the bigger question, is why would you want to get wheelspin? Are you asking as in "barking 2nd" like 16yr olds leaving school? No reason to try unless you are trying to show off to people that are easily impressed. It only shows poor shifting technique and it's abusive to the drivetrain because you are simply trying to abruptly apply torque to over come the available traction of the wheels.

I've spun all 4 wheels in 2nd, 3rd and bit of 4th but that was in a highly modified 997 Turbo and I was actually trying NOT to spin the wheels on the way to a high 11 quarter mile.

I'm curious.

This is my first BMW and I have a Steptronic. I personally love driving my auto ZHP but my question is for those of you that have driven both manual and auto ZHP's can you tell or feel a huge difference?
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I thought there would be a huge difference, and by no means is this scientific as I didn't get to drive it hard: but I've only driven STEP and when I did have a chance to take a manual around the block recently, it didn't seem all that different to me. The manual driver said the same when he drove my STEP.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast