Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Carbon-Effects: BMW E46 Carbon Fiber Valve Cover and Fuel Rail Cover

Last month, I decided to take the plunge on some CF valve and rail covers from Carbon Effects.

They were delivered today. The fuel rail cover might be going back. Bill had an issue with the finish on the original one he was working on for me, so he offered up one he already had on hand so I wouldn't have top wait. Only issue was the CF weave is opposite of the Valve cover. The finish also looks a little different. You can see it in the second picture below. He offered to redo a new fuel rail cover if I wasn't satisfied, which of course is appreciated by this customer!

Other issue with the fuel rail cover is that the recesses for the mounting bolt are so thick that the stock rear bolt threads won't bite. So for now, I only have it secured with the front bolt.

Also have some linear scratches in the finish of the valve cover. I'll be shooting Bill an email to see if there's an easy fix.

I'll keep everyone in the loop.

In the meantime, here's some pics!

Notice the difference in the appearance of the cf between the two

And you can see the linear scratches below the green arrows below
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

It looks good. The only thing that would bother me is the color of the fuel rail seems to match the bmw performance stuff more than the valve cover does imo. Hope it all works out smooth for ya keith.

By the way, I am moving this to the product review forum.

OK. I see the potential here. Even though there are some issues that need to be worked out, damn, that stuff looks good. The fuel rail matches the BMW Performance stuff very well. If Bill can make all of it look like the BMW Performance stuff, I am onboard with this. I may have to place an order.

Lookin good Keith......

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    It looks good. The only thing that would bother me is the color of the fuel rail seems to match the bmw performance stuff more than the valve cover does imo. Hope it all works out smooth for ya keith.
    Thanks John. As long as the valve cover and fuel rail match, I'll be good.

It's tough to tell from the pics, but in person the valve cover actually matches up better to the BMW perf stuff.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    OK. I see the potential here. Even though there are some issues that need to be worked out, damn, that stuff looks good. The fuel rail matches the BMW Performance stuff very well. If Bill can make all of it look like the BMW Performance stuff, I am onboard with this. I may have to place an order.
    Absolutely. When it's all squared away, it'll look awesome.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Lookin good Keith......

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Thanks my friend.

ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

That's tight! The weave matches the direction of the Strut Bar so smoothly!
    Something you may have noticed when driving with out the Fuel Rail Cover (which is actually listed as a Muffler) is that your engine is a lot louder!

**The more you know
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Ok-- I stand corrected. When not in direct sunlight, the fuel rail definitely matched the BMW Perf parts better than the valve cover.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast