Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Have you ever heard of the snap-lock method? Works wonders on stock seat-belts and offers about 90% restraint versus 4 point harnesses
    No...

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    No...

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Ok. When ever you do autocrossing, and you're buckling in, move your seat back about 6 inches before you buckle in.

When you're buckling in, snap the belt so it locks in tension and buckle it in. When you buckle it in, keep holding it in tension and move your seat back into position. If you did it correctly you'll have a very tight belt

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Ok. When ever you do autocrossing, and you're buckling in, move your seat back about 6 inches before you buckle in.

When you're buckling in, snap the belt so it locks in tension and buckle it in. When you buckle it in, keep holding it in tension and move your seat back into position. If you did it correctly you'll have a very tight belt
    Thanks Kyle. I have done this before....on accident. Squeezed the sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet outta me.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Schroth quick-fit FTW. (for autocross use at least)

I have a set of old Sparco Montecarlos from like 1993. I got a smoking deal on them, which is good because they wouldn't fit me very well if I wasn't such a skinny little dude. Sparco sliders and custom mounts from Wedge Engineering.

So I'm thinking about Sparco Sprint V seats and sliders and schroth quick fit. Should weight about 33lbs with the mounts and sliders. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bcleaver View Post
    So I'm thinking about Sparco Sprint V seats and sliders and schroth quick fit. Should weight about 33lbs with the mounts and sliders. Any thoughts?
    Pics for thoughts. I like the sound of it though.

If you're co-driving then I can understand the sliders. If not maybe consider not doing sliders? (weight and more important height savings)

I say, if someone is 'borrowing' your car they should have to adjust to your position vs take your seat out of adjustment. I'm just picky about that stuff (hence, my wheel alignment discovery .

-Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    If you're co-driving then I can understand the sliders. If not maybe consider not doing sliders? (weight and more important height savings)

I say, if someone is 'borrowing' your car they should have to adjust to your position vs take your seat out of adjustment. I'm just picky about that stuff (hence, my wheel alignment discovery .

-Terry
    I hear you Terry, but try telling that to my co-driver/wife! ha!

LOL. Got it...completely understand

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by bcleaver View Post
    Hmm, they look a little uncomfortable, but functional. Would they even be that heavy with the mounts and sliders. The seats are 18.7lbs each, sliders are like 1lb, and mounts can't be too heavy? I'd guess about 25lbs but then again I don't know. I like the Fighter's looks, but they're more expensive. Quick fit's are the way to go for harnesses. Let us know what you decide on

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast