Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1347 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 34784712471297133713451346134713481349135713971447 ... LastLast
Results 13,461 to 13,470 of 14749
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Yeah. Never had a problem. Dirt is always just being pushed away with falling water. But maybe the Canadian dirt is better. wheels take me 30 seconds a corner. I have a wheel brush with long bristles. It gets the face, the inside spokes, and spoke ends easily! Again I just use running water and it’s clean. I just do it when I start seeing a different layer on the wheel.
    Do you have a link to the wheel brush you use? I really need to get something better than what I have. Heard good things about wheel woolies or whatever they are called but if memory serves me they were pretty expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    It’s because he has ceramic coating. I have it (needs reapplying in spring) but I would still never wash a car with a mitt/sponge if there wasn’t soap in the water—bad habit imo. Don’t @ me.
    Is the ceramic coating something I can apply myself or is this a professional thing? I used Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 on the ZHP one year and it was great. Would love to get something on the 135 before winter comes in full force.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Do you have a link to the wheel brush you use? I really need to get something better than what I have. Heard good things about wheel woolies or whatever they are called but if memory serves me they were pretty expensive.

Is the ceramic coating something I can apply myself or is this a professional thing? I used Chemical Guys Jetseal 109 on the ZHP one year and it was great. Would love to get something on the 135 before winter comes in full force.
    This is more of less what it looks like. The bristles are long and soft! They get into everywhere I need it too quickly. Maybe once every couple months if it's nice out and I'm patient I'll use my wheel mitt to clean the brake dust in the barrels and behind the spokes. Your 135M wheels do take more effort though...I hated cleaning those. LOL

You can apply ceramic yourself. You just want to get a really good 1 or 2 step polish to remove all swirls so it's mirror finish. Then you apply a layer of ceramic/glass over it to lock it in! I paid to have it professionally clear coat corrected and ceramic. I paid a lot of money so I can buy back my time to keep this car clean and "detailed" looking. My whole front end is also wrapped in XPEL self healing wrap. I have easily made the money back in professional productivity with the time saved. It's not that I don't care about my car, it's that the car isn't my life as much as when I was younger so I would like to spend my resources to make it easy to maintain a shiny ride while enjoying the more important parts of my life which is not detailing my car constantly because I like it clean. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Reminded myself why I can't have a splitter

This is more of less what it looks like. The bristles are long and soft! They get into everywhere I need it too quickly. Maybe once every couple months if it's nice out and I'm patient I'll use my wheel mitt to clean the brake dust in the barrels and behind the spokes. Your 135M wheels do take more effort though...I hated cleaning those. LOL

You can apply ceramic yourself. You just want to get a really good 1 or 2 step polish to remove all swirls so it's mirror finish. Then you apply a layer of ceramic/glass over it to lock it in! I paid to have it professionally clear coat corrected and ceramic. I paid a lot of money so I can buy back my time to keep this car clean and "detailed" looking. My whole front end is also wrapped in XPEL self healing wrap. I have easily made the money back in professional productivity with the time saved. It's not that I don't care about my car, it's that the car isn't my life as much as when I was younger so I would like to spend my resources to make it easy to maintain a shiny ride while enjoying the more important parts of my life which is not detailing my car constantly because I like it clean. LOL
    Thanks for the advice. This is the route I plan to go. When I sealed the ZHP I spent all weekend washing buffing and clay barring the car. Made sure it was nice and smooth before sealing. If I knew of a professional place around here that I could trust I would strongly considering spending a good chunk of change to have some of these taken care of. Like you said, time is money.

I'll look around for brushes like that one. My wheels get dusty so fast with the OEM pads but I won't ever exchange performance for less dust.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

It's not that I don't care about my car, it's that the car isn't my life as much as when I was younger so I would like to spend my resources to make it easy to maintain a shiny ride while enjoying the more important parts of my life which is not detailing my car constantly because I like it clean. LOL
    Yeah I really wish there was a professional detailer that would just take the car and wash it for me on a regular basis.

And that is why my car hasn't been washed in over 3 months...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    My wheels get dusty so fast with the OEM pads but I won't ever exchange performance for less dust.
    I have no idea what is on my car right now but I'm usually cleaning dirt more than dust. It takes 300 miles to start showing any significant collection of dust and I love that balance. It's completely opposite as how I experienced with my ZHP and OEM pads. My braking performance is still the same as OEM ZHP. When I changed my ZHP to Stoptech Street performance pads, that completely transformed my wheel cleaning experience while still holding decent cold pad/rotor feel. If I needed to, I could still get into ABS with cold pads, so stopping power was never compromised. I may have lost a tiny bit of the initial bite/grab that OEM has but I gained a more linear experience.

I believe BMW went that route to give most drivers (who won't work brakes hard enough to get searing hot) a huge confidence boost knowing they can stop so effectively with a slight tap for city driving. What you give up with OEM (lots of dust) is the ability to repetitively stop from high-speed down to slow speed before brake fade sets in while I gain the ability to brake hard over and over again. Again you will have to find that balance "for you" in higher performance pads as there is no "perfect" pad for everyone.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Today’s Facebook memory from 8 years ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dinan; Hign Flow Intake System, & Strut Tower Brace
    Turner Motorsports; Underdrive Power Pulleys
    Koni Sport, Bridgestone; Potenza RE-11, Coby Wheel
    Stewart High Performance Water Pump
    Hawk High Performance Street 5.0 Brake Pads
    Brembo Rotor

The purposeful face of a formidable athlete:

The spine-tingling 330i Performance Package.

Purchased CPO on 12/23/2006 with 28,090 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That art/graffiti is friggin’ awesome. Great backdrop.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

- Stuart

/_________\
    OO=[][]=OO

Page 1347 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 34784712471297133713451346134713481349135713971447 ... LastLast