Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1360 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 36086012601310135013581359136013611362137014101460 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,600 of 14749
    Timing...

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I see those Chinese death traps in there. Those bastards make me nervous as hell.
    I was praying the whole time during this procedure...I freaking hate them. It was worth it though, still have some slight vibration coming from somewhere, but the chassis is much more responsive with new struts and shocks. Also got some sweet wheel gap in the process.
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    I was praying the whole time during this procedure...I freaking hate them. It was worth it though, still have some slight vibration coming from somewhere, but the chassis is much more responsive with new struts and shocks. Also got some sweet wheel gap in the process.
    Peter and Nate instilled the fear of god in me with spring compressors...Old Testament fear.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

I hate those things! I’d rather spend the money to have someone to do for me with a real compressor
    Fortunately, the H&R sport springs are short enough to do it by hand.
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I hate those things! I’d rather spend the money to have someone to do for me with a real compressor
    Fortunately, the H&R sport springs are short enough to do it by hand.
    Definitely going that route once I max out the stock springs. Maxing out = consistent lap times
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Winter tires finally got a workout. LOL

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

nice but still pains me to see that car parked outside and driven in winter time im sure you maintain the hell out of it with the mindset its meant to be driven but how do you handle the possibility of rust living in that area with the snow and ice through out the year? places that ive noticed that get affected are like the battery box area with the little drain holes and the body plug holes under the car, fender liner lip areas.. they get rain, snow, , moisture with salt etc... and just start rusting and no one ever checks those places
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Post your daily ZHP/BMW/MINI pics!

Where I live they don’t use corrosive stuff. It’s a more friendly fluid that is sprayed onto the ground. My ZHP survived 8 years of outdoor life and had no issues so I don’t have any doubts this M is fine. Doing the subframe deal, I know there is no rust and protection from the elements was mitigated a bit more. Sure it can still happen though and I’m fine with it.

My car isn’t something I worship. It’s steel and plastic with wheels that happens to be pretty amazingly engineered to extract oodles of fun and memories with others which constantly has me awe that human beings produced such a vehicle. LOL.

Anything could happen to it while I share my car on the roads with others like my former ZHP. My friend hurt his back and couldn’t drive his manual ZHP anymore so it was sold to be never enjoyed by him again. I don’t ever want to hold back experiences that I or others will have with this car because I never know what the future has in store for me. Besides if the vehicle is lost to Mother Nature or a series of unfortunate events, I just know another chapter is waiting to be started and other cars I have not experienced are waiting to be discovered.

To be honest my ZHP has stolen my heart more than the car I drive now. There is just something so “unspecial” about that car that I miss! Haha. Probably that it was like a surgeon’s scalpel and totally precise. The M is also a scalpel, but handled by a less mature surgeon which is always egging me to hurt myself when I drive it. LOL...Some kind of love/hate relationship!

This may hurt more but I plugged all her holes. Even the wheels got packed from sooooo much sideways last night.

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Where I live they don’t use corrosive stuff. It’s a more friendly fluid that is sprayed onto the ground. My ZHP survived 8 years of outdoor life and had no issues so I don’t have any doubts this M is fine. Doing the subframe deal, I know there is no rust and protection from the elements was mitigated a bit more. Sure it can still happen though and I’m fine with it.

My car isn’t something I worship. It’s steel and plastic with wheels that happens to be pretty amazingly engineered to extract oodles of fun and memories with others which constantly has me awe that human beings produced such a vehicle. LOL.

Anything could happen to it while I share my car on the roads with others like my former ZHP. My friend hurt his back and couldn’t drive his manual ZHP anymore so it was sold to be never enjoyed by him again. I don’t ever want to hold back experiences that I or others will have with this car because I never know what the future has in store for me. Besides if the vehicle is lost to Mother Nature or a series of unfortunate events, I just know another chapter is waiting to be started and other cars I have not experienced are waiting to be discovered.

To be honest my ZHP has stolen my heart more than the car I drive now. There is just something so “unspecial” about that car that I miss! Haha. Probably that it was like a surgeon’s scalpel and totally precise. The M is also a scalpel, but handled by a less mature surgeon which is always egging me to hurt myself when I drive it. LOL...Some kind of love/hate relationship!

This may hurt more but I plugged all her holes. Even the wheels got packed from sooooo much sideways last night.

Gd I luv u

You gotta enjoy these hunks of metal cuz they could be gone tomorrow

Couldn't have said it better myself

Except for the part where you plugged all her holes

Could have said that better

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post

Except for the part where you plugged all her holes

Could have said that better
    How would you have said it better? Hmmm? LOL

BTW, Shawn I know your sedan monster is far more special than my assembly line produced snow beast. If I put that much time and effort into a machine like that I may have your thoughts towards that car! It’s so perfect! My first world problem with a coupe is when I have to get out and get soaked when it’s down pouring just for my back seat passenger to egress or ingress. Knowing how I treat my cars I won’t ever own a car that I put that much time and effort into making it perfect. But who knows, maybe I’ll obtain some huge underground parking garage that can house crazy projects that need more protection than usual!!
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 1360 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 36086012601310135013581359136013611362137014101460 ... LastLast