Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 767 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 2676677177577657667677687697778178671267 ... LastLast
Results 7,661 to 7,670 of 14749
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    yeah, but i thought i saw M3 replica mirrors somewhere... could be losing my mind though.

peter
    If you look at the E39 OEM M5 side mirrors, the M3 Rep mirrors look exactly the same as those. Easy way to tell the difference between OEM M3 side mirrors and M3 Rep mirrors is that the M3 Rep mirrors look like "Dumbo Ears" compared to the OEM M3 side mirrors. The M3 Rep mirrors do not go with the E46 lines whereas the OEM M3 side mirrors do...

Here are a few pics of when I had M3 Reps mounted when I had my 323i

... and the OEM M3 side mirrors currently on my ZHP

You can clearly see the difference in how the mirror housings are shaped by looking at these pictures.
    Last edited by cakM3; 06-15-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Wow, a little break from Imola, nice! (nothing against Imolas, just nice to see other colors).
    Yeah....I'm getting tired of it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by cakM3 View Post
    Easy way to tell the difference between OEM M3 side mirrors and M3 Rep mirrors is that the M3 Rep mirrors look like "Dumbo Ears" compared to the OEM M3 side mirrors. The M3 Rep mirrors do not go with the E46 lines whereas the OEM M3 side mirrors do...
    I don't think they look that bad... that's what Ryan has on her car and I never looked at her car and thought "man those mirrors look shitty"
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I don't think they look that bad... that's what Ryan has on her car and I never looked at her car and thought "man those mirrors look shitty"
    I thought the M3 reps looked good until after I had mounted them on my 323i. Maybe because I kept the same body color paint. The mirrors just didn't look right to me. Although much easier to use since they are plug and play, I went for what I feel is a more natural upgrade by going with the OEM M3 side mirrors. To me the OEM M3 side mirrors look perfect on the 3-series since they come off the M3. To each their own Rob, but after having both of these types of mirrors on my BMWs, I prefer the look of the OEM over the reps...but that's just me sayin'

I have to agree with Charlie. I feel the M5 mirrors to look a bit awkward. For reference, all the mirrors that are labeled M3 rep are actually M5 reps. There are no M3 reps that I've seen in existence that actually resemble M3 mirrors. I do wonder why, though...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Post your daily ZHP/BMW/MINI pics!

I get it Charlie
    IDK I never noticed Ryan's mirrors were any different until someone mentioned it
    People can always do what Joop did and use the plug and play replica base and guts with the M3 mirror shells if they don't want to go through the nightmare of pure M3 mirror adaption to the sedan. That's one mod I will never do again...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    I get it Charlie
    IDK I never noticed Ryan's mirrors were any different until someone mentioned it
    People can always do what Joop did and use the plug and play replica base and guts with the M3 mirror shells if they don't want to go through the nightmare of pure M3 mirror adaption to the sedan. That's one mod I will never do again...
    completely understand Rob.... I don't think I will ever do this mod again either.... lots of work getting everything to line up and work perfectly.... but in the end I'm glad I did this

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Shawn, 801

Page 767 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 2676677177577657667677687697778178671267 ... LastLast