Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1366 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 36686612661316135613641365136613671368137614161466 ... LastLast
Results 13,651 to 13,660 of 14749
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Why switch from leather?
    A lot of what Nate said, plus...

• The sport seat bottoms are actually narrower than the M3, which is nice because I’m a 29” waist/145lbs soaking wet.

• In order for me to benefit from the inflatable side bolsters on the M3 uppers I have to almost max them out. This makes the bolsters very firm, and they kinda dug into my triceps on long drives.

(both of these things would likely not be an issue if I was an inch or two taller, or 10-15lbs heavier)

• I was getting annoyed with having Nappa fronts, Dakota rears, and vinyl door cards. To get M3 doors in Spenser-approved condition + Nappa rear seats was gonna cost more than I wanted to spend, and likely involve a lengthy drive to pick them up.

• The cloth seats are just better suited to summers in the south. Even with tint, power rear shade, and a front sun shade I cook my ass every day after work in the warmer months.

• Since the Alcantara was a ZHP thing, I liked the idea of having an “authentic” interior

But if a clean Natty Brown shows up locally I’ll probably make the stupid decision of buying it and letting it sit in the spare bedroom for a while.

More comfy than M3 seats?

While I drive with the windows up most of the time, I haven’t treated the leather even once in the 4.5 years I’ve owned my zhp. I do have brand new leatherique bottles sitting on the shelf from the past 3 years though...
    I think so. The Nappa is pretty firm (in a good way), but the cloth is definitely superior on road trips for my bony ass. The Nappa is also kind of sealed in a way that it doesn’t really absorb treatment, so I know it’d really bother me to see them getting worn over the years without much I could do.

I mean, M3 seats are the absolute best, and I have nothing bad to say about them so somebody please buy mine because they’re amazing!
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    A lot of what Nate said, plus...

• The sport seat bottoms are actually narrower than the M3, which is nice because I’m a 29” waist/145lbs soaking wet.

• In order for me to benefit from the inflatable side bolsters on the M3 uppers I have to almost max them out. This makes the bolsters very firm, and they kinda dug into my triceps on long drives.

(both of these things would likely not be an issue if I was an inch or two taller, or 10-15lbs heavier)

• I was getting annoyed with having Nappa fronts, Dakota rears, and vinyl door cards. To get M3 doors in Spenser-approved condition + Nappa rear seats was gonna cost more than I wanted to spend, and likely involve a lengthy drive to pick them up.

• The cloth seats are just better suited to summers in the south. Even with tint, power rear shade, and a front sun shade I cook my ass every day after work in the warmer months.

• Since the Alcantara was a ZHP thing, I liked the idea of having an “authentic” interior

But if a clean Natty Brown shows up locally I’ll probably make the stupid decision of buying it and letting it sit in the spare bedroom for a while.

I think so. The Nappa is pretty firm (in a good way), but the cloth is definitely superior on road trips for my bony ass. The Nappa is also kind of sealed in a way that it doesn’t really absorb treatment, so I know it’d really bother me to see them getting worn over the years without much I could do.

I mean, M3 seats are the absolute best, and I have nothing bad to say about them so somebody please buy mine because they’re amazing!
    How do you think NB interior with black M3 front seats will look?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

How do you think NB interior with black M3 front seats will look?

Since NB comes with black carpets and black seat-backs it might not look all that out of place.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Auf Wiedersehen Leder

hell yes thats awesome. that interior looks right at home in there.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Improved:
    grip
    comfort
    breathability

Reduced:
    leather smell
    burnt skin in summer
    frozen skin in winter
    swamp ass

We swapped over the near perfect set of Alcantara seats and door panels that I had bought a little over a year ago because Spenser will actually take care of them and keep them looking new. I, on the other hand, am a trashball that drives through construction zones with the windows down. He also won't need to strap himself down with a harness for track events now as the fabric is super grippy on clothing.

I still have the busted Alcantara set that came with my car and plan to continue to destroy it until I decide on a replacement that can handle my filthy hobbies.

glad you found a home for your perfect interior, went to the perfect car.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Oh damn that was Shawn’s? The love just keeps circulating! My former ZHP is living in about 5 cars right now. She’s living on! #ZHPLegacy
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Oh damn that was Shawn’s? The love just keeps circulating! My former ZHP is living in about 5 cars right now. She’s living on! #ZHPLegacy
    No none of those parts were mine sorry if what I said implied that. I know at one point I was interested in that alcantara front seats but they were for coupe so I had to pass on them. I'm glad Spencer was able to pick them up and put them to good use.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

I don’t like working outside too late but tonight sun set was really pretty...

Summer mode activated. Applied some of Adam’s ceramic wheel coating. Applying it was super easy. We’ll see how much brake dust it prevents....

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    We’ll see how much brake dust it prevents....
    Looking good! I don’t think ceramic prevents dust. But it’ll make it much easier to clean! My car doesn’t prevent dirt. Dirt happens. But it makes cleaning the car so quickly.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

lol - I have natural brown and am resisting the urge to bid on an alcantara interior on eBay - it would already be mine if I had black or grey, but I’m still considering stocking it away regardless
    2006 330Cic | Monaco Blue on Natural Brown | 6MT ZHP ZPP ZCP NAVI

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    Looking good! I don’t think ceramic prevents dust. But it’ll make it much easier to clean! My car doesn’t prevent dirt. Dirt happens. But it makes cleaning the car so quickly.
    Ahhh yes sorry that’s what I meant. Even if I can get away with just spraying a wheel cleaner and hosing it off, I’ll be very very happy. I have a sinai kit for the body that I didnt get to use last year. Maybe after another PC and possibly a front end respray I’ll apply that stuff before the end of the summer.

Page 1366 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 36686612661316135613641365136613671368137614161466 ... LastLast