Page 1260 of 1373 FirstFirst ... 26076011601210125012581259126012611262127013101360 ... LastLast
Results 12,591 to 12,600 of 13724

Thread: Post your daily ZHP/BMW/MINI pics!

  1. #12591
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,164

    Post your daily ZHP/BMW/MINI pics!

    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    love the new wheels, spenser! staggered?
    Thanks! Nope, 8.5ET38 235/40-18 on all four corners. The seller ordered the wheels and tires but his new springs lowered his 228i 3/4Ē more than the mfr. claimed, and when he went to mount them the car was too low for the offset. Once a tire is mounted you canít return the wheels, so he just wanted to offload them.
    Last edited by 704sw; 03-29-2018 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Dyslexia
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

    Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | M3 Front Seats | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

    Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

  2. #12592
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Thanks! Nope, 8.5ET38 245/40-18 on all four corners. The seller ordered the wheels and tires but his new springs lowered his 228i 3/4” more than the mfr. claimed, and when he went to mount them the car was too low for the offset. Once a tire is mounted you can’t return the wheels, so he just wanted to offload them.
    wow.... good score!

    245/40/18 is a big tire for this car (diameter-wise), but they don't look out of place; what make/model of tire?
    peter

    2009 BMW 335i M Sport 6MT

    2007 BMW X3 3.0si M Sport 6MT

  3. #12593
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,164
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    wow.... good score!

    245/40/18 is a big tire for this car (diameter-wise), but they don't look out of place; what make/model of tire?
    Typooooooo! 235/40-18

    Theyíre Hankook RS4s.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

    Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | M3 Front Seats | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

    Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

  4. #12594
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    H&R Sports. It has a little more rake/slightly lower nose than the picture shows, but my driveway is inclined so it shifts the weight a little.
    I've been looking at springs lately because I don't like the way my sedan sits. The rear seems noticeably higher than the front, which I suspect is a result of new(er) springs in the rear. The previous owner replaced them because one was cracked. I actually like the way the front sits. I was hoping new springs would correct this, but the specs on the H&R Sports say they lower the front more than the rear. I don't have the funds to go coil-over at this point so I'm going to have to settle for a 'standard' spring set from H&R or others.

    So do the H&R Sports further reduce the ZHP ride height? I thought I read on one of the retailer sites that they lower a base model 330i to ZHP height, and a ZHP would essentially be unaffected.

  5. #12595
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I've been looking at springs lately because I don't like the way my sedan sits. The rear seems noticeably higher than the front, which I suspect is a result of new(er) springs in the rear. The previous owner replaced them because one was cracked. I actually like the way the front sits. I was hoping new springs would correct this, but the specs on the H&R Sports say they lower the front more than the rear. I don't have the funds to go coil-over at this point so I'm going to have to settle for a 'standard' spring set from H&R or others.

    So do the H&R Sports further reduce the ZHP ride height? I thought I read on one of the retailer sites that they lower a base model 330i to ZHP height, and a ZHP would essentially be unaffected.
    The H&R's definitely lower the ZHP a bit, but all that aside your rear should not be sitting higher than the front. Are you sure that the PO didn't replace the rear springs with non-sport package springs? Look at the profile view of any of these cars and you'll see that the rear is a touch lower than the front.

    Stock ZHP suspension:



    Name:  IMG_20171005_111436.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  1.21 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  6. #12596
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by cornercarver View Post
    I've been looking at springs lately because I don't like the way my sedan sits. The rear seems noticeably higher than the front, which I suspect is a result of new(er) springs in the rear. The previous owner replaced them because one was cracked. I actually like the way the front sits. I was hoping new springs would correct this, but the specs on the H&R Sports say they lower the front more than the rear. I don't have the funds to go coil-over at this point so I'm going to have to settle for a 'standard' spring set from H&R or others.

    So do the H&R Sports further reduce the ZHP ride height? I thought I read on one of the retailer sites that they lower a base model 330i to ZHP height, and a ZHP would essentially be unaffected.
    it's entirely possible whoever ordered/replaced the springs for the PO got the standard springs, not the sport/ZHP springs. they are easy enough to swap out, and i'm sure you could find some lightly used ones on this forum.

    personally i would avoid H&R springs, i really don't like how they ride (too soft and too low, generally), and they do not do a good job preserving correct F/R spring ratio (always too soft in the rear, and waaaay too progressive). this is all based on my own experience with them on several cars. if i would going to buy a pure lowering spring (as opposed to a custom height-adjustable coilover setup), i would use eibach pro-kits. eibach, in my experience, always does a great job with preserving the OEM spring rate balance, albeit a little stiffer, and they are generally as linear in nature as stock springs.

    peter

    2009 BMW 335i M Sport 6MT

    2007 BMW X3 3.0si M Sport 6MT

  7. #12597
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    The H&R's definitely lower the ZHP a bit, but all that aside your rear should not be sitting higher than the front. Are you sure that the PO didn't replace the rear springs with non-sport package springs? Look at the profile view of any of these cars and you'll see that the rear is a touch lower than the front.

    Stock ZHP suspension:

    that don't count cuz ZHP coop 'spension is lower den see-dans, booooiiiiiiiii



    i've got ZHP coupe springs on the Touring.... the front is definitely lower than a ZHP sedan.
    peter

    2009 BMW 335i M Sport 6MT

    2007 BMW X3 3.0si M Sport 6MT

  8. #12598
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,164
    Quote Originally Posted by slater View Post
    that don't count cuz ZHP coop 'spension is lower den see-dans, booooiiiiiiiii



    i've got ZHP coupe springs on the Touring.... the front is definitely lower than a ZHP sedan.
    I thought they shared springs, and verts are the only one with different springs...
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

    Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | M3 Front Seats | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

    Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

  9. #12599
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Picton, ON
    Posts
    6,019
    Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    I thought they shared springs, and verts are the only one with different springs...
    nope... different paint markings.

    but further still, apparently differently optioned cars got different springs too (like, sunroof cars got stiffer springs, for example... whether that's correct or not, i don't know!).
    peter

    2009 BMW 335i M Sport 6MT

    2007 BMW X3 3.0si M Sport 6MT

  10. #12600
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    3,164
    Fascinating. I wish my H&Rs were more linear but Iíve been pretty impressed. Iíll go coilover next time, but hey, you live and learn.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

    Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | M3 Front Seats | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

    Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Page 1260 of 1373 FirstFirst ... 26076011601210125012581259126012611262127013101360 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Post your track/auto-x Pics!!
    By Rovert in forum Track and AutoX
    Replies: 325
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 01:24 PM
  2. Anyone want to post up pics of their alcantara wheel re-wrap?
    By nike001 in forum General -- ZHP Related
    Replies: 322
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 05:05 PM
  3. Post up the pics of your ZHPMafia.com business cards!!!
    By danewilson77 in forum ZHP Gallery and Video Section
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-23-2011, 02:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •