Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 901 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 40180185189189990090190290391195110011401 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,010 of 14749
    So when is Scarlett going up for sale?

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    First time driving a properly sorted E46 M3 ZCP 6MT. Must say...there is no comparing the zhp to it. Completely different experience. So much fun. I'd get a damn ticket so fast though...
    I'm very jealous. The ZHP isn't bad, but 230HP just isn't anything to write home about. 250HP is where things start to get interesting IMHO, and the ZHP just isn't quite there. Not that it isn't still a lot of fun to drive, and it's very safe and practical for an everyday car, but there just isn't much of that rush when you step on the "go pedal" like there is in a more powerful car.

After driving a lot of cars over the years, I feel like I have my barometer pretty-well calculated. Assuming typical size/weight (not a roller skate like the Miata), 250HP is where things start getting interesting. 300HP is where it's getting fun, and the 333 in the E46 M3 is plenty to have all variety of fun and get in all sorts of trouble - especially if you're not careful. I MUST drive one, and long-term I think I'm going to have to own one.

I auto-crossed my dad's '96 Grand Sport years ago, and that car had the 330HP LT4. Obviously, that car was more torquey, but the HP/weight ratio would be pretty similar to the E46 M3. THAT is a fun ballpark to be in.

SC
    2004 ZHP Vert - Titanium Silver 6MT
    BMW CCA Rocky Mountain Chapter #504522
    ZHP Replacement: 2012 E93 M3 * Daily Driver: 2007 Hummer H3 Adventure * Wife-mobile: 2016 VW Touareg Exec

Post your daily ZHP/BMW/MINI pics!

The ZHP is quick enough for everything. In the low speed mountain runs, my friend could never outrun my ZHP with his M3. The ZHP is really an amazing vehicle considering its power on paper. On the road it's a much better feeling. Just make sure your M54 is fully sorted with its suspension.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    I'm very jealous. The ZHP isn't bad, but 230HP just isn't anything to write home about. 250HP is where things start to get interesting IMHO, and the ZHP just isn't quite there. Not that it isn't still a lot of fun to drive, and it's very safe and practical for an everyday car, but there just isn't much of that rush when you step on the "go pedal" like there is in a more powerful car.

After driving a lot of cars over the years, I feel like I have my barometer pretty-well calculated. Assuming typical size/weight (not a roller skate like the Miata), 250HP is where things start getting interesting. 300HP is where it's getting fun, and the 333 in the E46 M3 is plenty to have all variety of fun and get in all sorts of trouble - especially if you're not careful. I MUST drive one, and long-term I think I'm going to have to own one.

I auto-crossed my dad's '96 Grand Sport years ago, and that car had the 330HP LT4. Obviously, that car was more torquey, but the HP/weight ratio would be pretty similar to the E46 M3. THAT is a fun ballpark to be in.

SC
    I would very much agree with that. The RUSH I got when I stepped on it in that car is just NOT available in the zhp. I do get that feeling from time to time though, it's just more subtle. The ZHP surprises you with how it behaves and reacts in certain situations..."like whoa I took that corner fast and it felt great" *big smile* Or even with accelerating...you hit it just right at the right time and she moves her ass. *big smile*

With this it was the *OH SHIT I'm going 60 already* feeling anytime I wanted it. *big smile every time*

After driving it, I really can't even compare them. The ZHP is the best "all-around" car and makes me smile in her own ways whereas the M3, especially this one, are geared toward performance driving. Literally. Two different classes.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    The ZHP is quick enough for everything. In the low speed mountain runs, my friend could never outrun my ZHP with his M3. The ZHP is really an amazing vehicle considering its power on paper. On the road it's a much better feeling. Just make sure your M54 is fully sorted with its suspension.
    +1

I really love both of them for their own merits. Couldn't see getting rid of ZHP for an M. It's just too good for everyday and the way I drive.

Current:
    1988 BMW 325is
    1996 Toyota Land Cruiser FZJ80 x3 Locked - Restoration/Project Thread on ih8mud.com
    Sold:
    "Scarlett" the 2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT - Project/Maintenance Thread
    2011 BMW M3 E92 6MT - Info/Maintenance Thread

I would have never got rid of the ZHP if it wasn't totalled. But I knew that once that chapter came to a close, I owed it to myself to experience what that ///M badge I saw all over my ZHP, truly meant. And now I have a much better understanding on why this car is a totally unnecessary animal on the streets. It's natural habitat is the open road and canyons where lions and tigers roam...not caged up in a city. LOL
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

I agree with all of this, the S54 is just a jewel of a motor. When I had my Z4MC as garage-mate to my ZHP, it was a perfect pair in many respects. After 8 years with the Z4MC, I decided it was time to move on and experience the E39 M5 as my "other" car. In a perfect world, I'd have added it rather than sacrificed the Z4 for the M5, but that was just not possible. In a TRULY perfect world, I'd also have an E46 M3 for a "complete" stable of 4. Still want to own one eventually, but what would I give up to get it? Brutal question.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Thebmwminipartstore.com ... They go for $100 each.
    They look good, but aren't OEM way cheaper?

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by NoVAphotog View Post
    First time driving a properly sorted E46 M3 ZCP 6MT. Must say...there is no comparing the zhp to it. Completely different experience. So much fun. I'd get a damn ticket so fast though...
    that's the rub!

i haven't driven an E46 M3 yet. i'm kinda both anxious and not anxious to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ecrabb View Post
    i think you'd really like a shorter rear end ratio. the 3.46 rear end really makes my car feel like a lot more than 235hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    agreed on this, especially with the 3.46. i already drive it too fast for the street most of the time...
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    They look good, but aren't OEM way cheaper?
    I bought OEM. Not cheap, that's for sure.

Page 901 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 40180185189189990090190290391195110011401 ... LastLast