Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Front plate delete, discoloring leftover

I just put on my first mod, front plate delete. I now notice an oval of black on the honeycomb where it used to be. Was the entire thing this color at one point or the other way around? My guess would be sunlight caused the exposed area to lighten, but I have no idea really. Either way, can this be reversed or is it new honeycomb time? You can't see it in great detail, but it's noticeable:

The plate protected part of the plastic from the sun. No doubt about it. Perhaps you can repaint the entire honeycomb grill.

Any special paint needed or will spray paint work? It looks to be black under there and from what I see on all your cars it looks like it should be black. Paint is probably the cheapest fix for this, correct?

I'm thinking you could use the same stuff that I used on my 335 grill. It started out silver.

After:

What were the brushes for?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I used them to dab the paint on the mesh.

Yeah that looks really nice. The grill itself doesn't come out of the bumper I take it? Not sure this is something I want to try myself, if it includes taking the whole bumper off.

It pops out of our cars. Not sure about the 335. Braver than me to paint it on the car lol
    -ADAM

On the 335, you have to pull the whole bumper off. I figured that I would give it a try this way first. It worked fine. Just had to be patient and careful. I did it in my father-in-law's drive way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphatek45 View Post
    It pops out of our cars. Not sure about the 335. Braver than me to paint it on the car lol
    Any info on how exactly to get it out? I'd like to redo mine but it would be alot easier with it off the car. I think what Marcus is saying is he sprayed the paint into the plastic cups and brushed it on that way rather than spraying the grille.

Thanks....Barry

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast