Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mike Miller says to inspect/clean at 15,000 and replace at 30,000. Same with the cabin air filter.

I usually do air filter every other oil change, or about 15k mi. Gonna pick up some of the cheap perf. replacements linked above.
    - Marc

Well, I just installed the Mann filter for the Performance Intake.

The pleats definitely look thinner and more open than the oem filter. I also had to play with it a little to get it centered so it sealed well as it's slightly smaller.

I initially figured I'd just keep a close eye on my silicates level on my next Blackstone report. Then I thought about sucking crud into my baby's motor and decided that those kind of thoughts would keep me up at night.

I decided that with how anal I am about everything else with this car, I'm just going to pony up and buy the oem filter.

For the once a year that I change it, I'll just spend the $55.

In the meantime, I'll drive with the Mann for a week until the oem one gets here.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Well, I just installed the Mann filter for the Performance Intake.

The pleats definitely look thinner and more open than the oem filter. I also had to play with it a little to get it centered so it sealed well as it's slightly smaller.

I initially figured I'd just keep a close eye on my silicates level on my next Blackstone report. Then I thought about sucking crud into my baby's motor and decided that those kind of thoughts would keep me up at night.

I decided that with how anal I am about everything else with this car, I'm just going to pony up and buy the oem filter.

For the once a year that I change it, I'll just spend the $55.

In the meantime, I'll drive with the Mann for a week until the oem one gets here.
    After seeing Marc's pics of the Mann he put in his I'd suggest avoiding that brand. Either the OEM one or the Wix/Napa Gold 6301 that I tried are the best bets. Just because a number can be cross referenced doesn't always mean they will be an identical size.

Agreed.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Well, I ran the Mann until the new oem replacement showed up from Tischer.

I can sleep at night now.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

I got some from napa and will replace the mann soon.
    - Marc

Let me know how you like those.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Just from taking them out of the box and comparing to stock, I like them much more. I can't say if the fit will be perfect, but it will definitely be more snug.
    - Marc

Autozone.com
    Sounds good.

If you're happy with it, I may go that way next year.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast