Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Bluetooth retrofit with factory Nav?

Background - see step #5 here:

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=797072

So I know which parts I need but here's the dilemma:

With factory-installed Nav, I need the Connects2 kit ending with 008 in its part number. Which requires running a new mic from the hardware in the trunk to the mic grill in the sunroof switch panel. Which does not sound fun.

Anyone done it?

Also, I may be wrong but IIRC, if I forget about the new mic in the Connects2 kit, BT will work but I won't have use of the steering wheel phone controls. If this is correct, will the factory mic at least work and or would I even need the Connects2 stuff at all?

I'm by no means an expert, but I had the Connects2 kit installed with the mic.. so I have steering wheel controls and the mic. I think I recall my installer saying it was easier just to use the mic that came with the kit, but I may not recall correctly. Don't remember if we even tried to use the BMW mic, so unfortunately , I can't tell you if Connects2 works with the BMW mic. BTW, the running of the mic line wasn't as big of a deal as it sounds... it's work, but not overwhelming.

EDIT: BTW, I have factory NAV but I didn't have factory bluetooth, I used the Parrot for that.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture