Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

1969 Join Date -- OG

We're now at 65 members.

When I first launched this site (4 weeks ago), I said that the first 100 members would be given 1969 join dates. After that, join dates will reflect actual join dates.

We're not that far from reaching our quota on OGs.

Sweet......my bet is still on 100 by New Years.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

We'll see, DW. If we have 100 members by January 1, 2011, I will be pleasantly surprised.

My next milestone will be 500. If we ever get 1000 members, I will be shocked.

Call me crazy, but I kinda like the small community We know each other better

Obvioulsy we want more members though

I used to have a blog that got a quarter million hits a month. Even though I had a ton of readers, it was still an intimate site. It's all about the quality of the members. Many of us knew each other (from the comments section of the stories I wrote). We treated each other with respect. It worked very well.

Having said that, I believe this site will never have a ton of members. The ZHP universe is fairly small. As a result, I think we'll be lucky to have 1000 members.

Quote Originally Posted by gr330zhp View Post
    Call me crazy, but I kinda like the small community We know each other better

Obvioulsy we want more members though
    I'm with Stathi. When numbers get really high, so does the number of asswipes. I think we will avoid most of that being that we are all connected by something so specific. But on the bigger forums I'm 95% lurk and 5% post.
    When there is a ton of members, the odds of having an "internet forum genius" look to rip apart every post to show his e-peen go way up. I'm over that lol.
    -ADAM

That kind of crap won't be tolerated here, Adam. No worries.

I have a feeling that ZHP owners aren't Internet assholes. And if one pops up, I will be sure that the person gets a private message from me. If the person still can't behave, then the person will get tossed.

My blog was similar. Readers took their cue from me. I behaved with respect and professionalism. So, too, did my readers.

We'll enjoy ourselves here.

I find this forum to remind me very much of the E36 section of M3 forum (a compliment), but perhaps here is even better. I think both the crowd of E36 owners on M3forum and zhp owners are more mature, not so many e-fights and good information.

I haven't visited BFC except to sell things since I joined here. My e46fanatics readership has also gone way down.
    - Derek

I can already tell the quality of people that own ZHPs and to a large extent BMWs in general are a step up from most forums. VW kids can get extremely irritating so I would rarely waste my time with vwvortex cause what Adam described is exactly what happened there. e46fanatics and this site is like a breath of respectful freah air. Much better scene.

So far all yous mafioso types are good people
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Lance, I have been a member of e46fanatics for 10 years. Hang around long enough and you'll find exactly what you hate. Given the amount of members, there is no way around it. That goes for any site, really. If you don't dictate quality from the get go, and you don't work to keep it that way, you'll eventually end up like every other site on the planet.

My goal is to manage this site closely -- for as long as I run it. I don't see this site being anything other than useful, friendly, and professional.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast