Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

DSLR Recomendation

Hey guys

I am in the market for a decent DSLR. Budget is probably $600 or so. Is that possible?? What are good ones?? Kinda a noob to photography but I want to get better at it

Thanks

Swirley.....ohhhh Swirley....where are you?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I'll find Casey.

He's local. I just open my door and yell his name.

This is my least favorite of all photography related questions. The simplest answer is to go a to a camera store and ask to hold all of the dSLR's that fall into your price range, you may also try some that are just out of your price range in new condition knowing that you can find it in the used market within your price range.

Look at the cameras and see how they feel in your hands, look at the controls on the camera and see which makes the most sense to you.

When selecting a particular body, it really comes down to what feels best in your hands.

Thanks, Casey.

Oh yeah, and OP... My suggestion would be to stick with a Canon or a Nikon.

Agree with Pswirley-- The entry level dSLRs from both Canon and Nikon perform similarly. I would go to a reputable local camera store and get familiar with a few of them. Whichever one feels more intuitive to you is the one to go with. If you advance past entry level to a mid-level or prosumer camera body in the future, the controls (although slightly more complex with more options) are essentially the same within that specific brand's product line. When you combine this with the fact that the lenses are typically proprietary and won't work on another company's camera body, whatever you choose now will most likely be the brand you stick with from here on out.

So, just like when picking out your Bimmer, get an idea of what you want, do your research, take them for a test drive, and make a well reasoned decision. And as a word of warning: cameras can be just like the Bimmer-- you keep adding mods (new lenses, better post processing software, etc) until you end up somewhat addicted and spending WAY more than you originally intended.

Good luck.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I must stay out of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    I must stay out of this thread.
    +1 . Just spent a grand on an HD Camcorder. And I'm already tricking myself into thinking its okay to shop for a camera. I can talk myself into anything...
    -ADAM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast