Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

ZHP member locations?

Since some of us are new *me*, it would be cool to see on a map where everyone is located. Just a simple map of US, with thumb tacks if someone knows how to code something like this would be pretty cool i think.

Kudos, let me see if the software that tracks my stats also provides a map. Will get back to you.

EDIT: no, it doesn't.

I've been thinking of monitoring my traffic with sitemeter, which I used on my last site. It does have a map feature (with pins). Once I do start monitoring with it, I will post up a map.

We don't have a lot of members here, so you should have no problem getting to know everyone in the meantime.

If people edit their profile to include their location, that will be a good start -- and make it a lot easier to see where everyone is.

Welcome, Kudos! Glad to have you.

Haha, mine is probably going to show all over the place. I'm usually on my laptop using either my home network or if I'm on the road, a Sprint wireless hotspot. I sometimes also use my BlackBerry. I think using the registration data would be way more accurate than sitemeter.

Can we make location of city and state a required part of registration?

I could make it a requirement but I do not want to do that. Some users would rather not divulge their geography; I respect that.

For those who do not mind, it would be nice if their profile included location. But it's up to them.

I have now installed sitemeter. It occurs to me that I need to draft a privacy policy, so that you guys know what I do with the information I have about you. Once I have drafted it, I will post it here for you to read. There will always be a privacy policy link on the site.

I would think we would want the map to just cue off the profile data.

I think it would be easy to just update a map with the info.

Marcus...if you can easily send me profile data...bring it, and I will just construct a map....until you have the other feature available.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Forum members can read ZHPMafia.com's privacy policy here.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I would think we would want the map to just cue off the profile data.

I think it would be easy to just update a map with the info.

Marcus...if you can easily send me profile data...bring it, and I will just construct a map....until you have the other feature available.
    No worries, Dane. Now that I am monitoring site traffic, a nice map will be built within a week.

ok....just trying to help out.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yep. I just didn't want you to waste your time. Plus, I do not have access, in some cases, to location. Unless the member puts it in the profile, I only have access to ip addresses.