Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Ok what do you think of this hypothetical scenario:
    I refill with Shell Rotella T6 5W-40, run it in the car for a week, drain and fill with the Pentosin 5w-30 LL-01 i have laying around.
    Actually, I'd do it this way. Get a can of BG EPR motor flush and run that through the motor. Then immediately do an oil change with the Shell Rotella T6 and leave it in for 5k miles. Than after that go back to your Pentosin.

Running the T6 for only a week won't accomplish much by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Actually, I'd do it this way. Get a can of BG EPR motor flush and run that through the motor. Then immediately do an oil change with the Shell Rotella T6 and leave it in for 5k miles. Than after that go back to your Pentosin.

Running the T6 for only a week won't accomplish much by itself.
    Hmmm, yeah I actually already decided against doing a motor flush. Don't want to risk doing more damage than good.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    Hmmm, yeah I actually already decided against doing a motor flush. Don't want to risk doing more damage than good.
    There is no risk as long as the directions are followed. I flushed my motor and it is flawless. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    There is no risk as long as the directions are followed. I flushed my motor and it is flawless. But whatever.
    To each their own. I was initially going to do a flush, even bought the motor medic fluid, but then decided against it after seeing so much opposition on the forums. I will leave it as a last resort, after consulting with some more people, after the more important issues have been dealt with.
    Thanks for your help though. What made you choose BG EPR as opposed to other types of flush?

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse M View Post
    Ugh I didn't even want to go there .. That's not cheap. But I still am having a weird torque curve :/ I feel power drop off at 2.5k - 4 then it flys .. which accurately describes a faulty DISA. Damn.
    I recently had to repair my DISA due to to regular rattle (only had 49k miles on it and actually looked pretty good still). Used the G.A.S. repair kit ($70) which provides reassurance, too, that DISA parts won’t fall into the engine.

I realized I never got back about my problem. The sound I was hearing at cold start was indeed sticky lifters. After 2 oil changes, I never hear that sound anymore. BUT now I am back to discuss that I also am hearing a VANOS rattle at 1750 rpm, even after doing the beisan anti-rattle kit. I even checked the pistons after installing the new rings, and there was very minimal axial play; much less than originally. OP, is there anyway you could elaborate on the loose heat shield connection?
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123