Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    BP...the cure for stop and go traffic is not to avoid it, but rather leav lots of space between you and the car infront, and go half the speed of the surrounding motorists. You wont have to continuously shift and you wont stop which makes it smoother. Plus you may find that you actually bust the jam by having the row behind you continuously moving as well.

Don't fear traffic, embrace it, and accept it as a part of having a license. There is no way to avoid waiting in a line of some sort anywhere you go...hell, we will have lines at the meet for food...

But seriously, I'd like to meet up with y'all on 95.

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

And, just my two cents, this meet only happens once a year. I hate traffic as much as the next guy but it's a small price to pay when you're rolling with your friends to an epic event. Consider this possible traffic as a one-time event.

Regardless, I will see you guys next week.

I'm in traffic all day long... I used to flip out but now I deal.... usually
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

I've driven to and through DC probably hundreds of times now. I will have no real issue with traffic at the time I'm leaving. But if I do, I consider that a problem to solve, and I find a way around.
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    I've driven to and through DC probably hundreds of times now. I will have no real issue with traffic at the time I'm leaving.
    What's the best route to take? I was planning to map it out this weekend...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    What's the best route to take? I was planning to map it out this weekend...
    The best route is 95 at the right times to avoid anything heavy. Leaving from my place between 9-10 am puts me past baltimore before 12 at at DC around 1, which is a full hour before the friday traffic really starts. That said, on a Friday it won't be totally smooth sailing.

Baltimore door to door is 2 hours for me, DC is 3 or 3.5-3.75 depending on traffic. Williamsburg should be another 2 hours or so past DC.
    - Marc

Quote Originally Posted by zhpnsnv View Post
    The best route is 95 at the right times to avoid anything heavy. Leaving from my place between 9-10 am puts me past baltimore before 12 at at DC around 1, which is a full hour before the friday traffic really starts. That said, on a Friday it won't be totally smooth sailing.

Baltimore door to door is 2 hours for me, DC is 3 or 3.5-3.75 depending on traffic. Williamsburg should be another 2 hours or so past DC.
    Ok, so it's bascally 95 the whole way... I was figuring about 5 hrs
    H&R sport springs,

I'm still undecided on route.

Might go Parkway to the ferry and then the coast, chesapeake bay bridge tunnel, and up through Norfolk.

Little more time, but a much nicer drive.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    I'm still undecided on route.

Might go Parkway to the ferry and then the coast, chesapeake bay bridge tunnel, and up through Norfolk.

Little more time, but a much nicer drive.

Let us know how the ride was when you get there...
    H&R sport springs,

Will do.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast