Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Official: BMW instructions for E46 windshield replacement (PDF inside)

We've all heard of the headaches some users have gone through by having improperly reinstalled windshields. Mainly E39 5-series users have this issue, but it wouldn't hurt to have this information for your E46.

These are the official BMW technical instructions for replacing your windshield on your E46 coupe, convertible, or sedan. I had them printed off for me at my local BMW dealership.

Do not see your glass installer unless you have this in-hand, especially if you are a convertible owner. Ask them first if they are aware of the procedures as outlined by BMW, and how possible excess wind noise can result if these procedures are not followed exactly. If they say they are not aware of these procedures, hand them this and maybe tip your installer an extra $20 to do it according to this manual. I know I will be, because I'm asking them to do a little extra work. I don't want to come back and have the windshield refitted, and I am sure that they don't want to have to do that either. They usually work off of commission, and there's no profit in redoing work.

This manual contains:

1. Windshield removal and installation instructions (E46)

2. Windshield cowl removal and installation instructions (E46)

Download here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZHAD51VS

Good stuff. Thanks for posting.

Downloaded and saved for future misfortune.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I just scheduled service through safelite. I will take a bunch of pics. Try to get it done Monday.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Bump.

Does anyone have the instructions saved? The link is dead.

I had Safelite do mine (sedan) a few months ago, and it came out PERFECT--except my intermittent wipers don't work. After the fact, I discovered this is par for course when you get it done for $200 and someplace other than the stealership.

Safelite completely butchered a replacement on my Golf R a year ago. Gobs of extra sealant around one side, and the camera/rain sensor behind the mirror was TOTALLY botched - greasy fingerprints were even visible through the windshield, and the sensor no longer functioned. Had to spend another $100 to get it fixed right elsewhere. Never again.

'21 M2 Competition
    '08 Z4 M Coupé
    '19 Golf R

Autozone.com
    Anyone have a working link for the instructions or a PDF they could email me?

Thanks