Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black leather restoration

So I have some scratches in the backseat on my black leather. Looks like the previous owner had a dog that did some damage. I've been conditioning the leather using some stuff I found at napa (really helpful description, I know) but it hasn't really helped much so I'm looking for something else.

Basically the scratches still look kind of white compared to the black leather, like it needs something with some dye in it to get back to original. Any thoughts on what to use? Thanks

Leatherique....without a doubt.

Look at Kyles diy.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

spencers Guest
    Leatherique PC and RO won't restore those white scratches in leather. Trust me on that!

You might have to go with one of their dye kits.

they have a scratch filler that I'm guessing would do the trick... I think you have to pair it with one of their dye kits like spencer said.

Leatherique Products

Leatherique Kits can take out small imperfections, but anything that is deep enough to catch fingernails isn't going to do it.

Like the 2 above, a dye kit may be needed

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

wouldn't the scratch filler work? (I dunno personally; never used any of it myself)

I use some industrial type stuff on some stuff at my job, furniture rental. It seems like some good stuff though.

http://www.metroguardian.net/shop/mo...-c-6-p-14.html

I have a section on my drivers side bolster that is wearing a little. Was almost thinking if some black shoe polish would work to restore the color???
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Imho....I would think you would really want something that would soak in. I think the shoe polish will eventually come off. Your dealer should be able too redye whatever you need.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Good point. I would be the idiot walking around the office with a huge black streak across the back of my white dress shirt. Might as well put tape on my glasses and put a pocket protector in there too!!!
    2004 Imola Red over Black Leather. 6-MT, Navigation, Cold Weather Pkg (the wife loves them seat warmers!), 3.46 Diff, UUC Short-Shift Kit, Tranny Mounts, CDV Delete and iPod mount.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast