Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Dr. Colorchip or: How I learned to Stop Worring and Not Hate the Idiot who tried to Fix my Chips

So, the PO of my car apparently fancied himself a jackson polluck and decided to fix the rock chips (that he presumably made while drafting a salt truck) by sloping on tons of touch-up paint anywhere he pleased. While this is an exaggeration, it was bad, as demonstrated below:

Exhibit A:

Turns out, Dr. Colorchip is freaking awesome stuff. Not only does it do what I bought it for - making respectable repairs to chips and scratches. It apparently also takes off excess touch-up paint that's been dry for years!

Exhibit B:

There were tons more of these things, I just didn't have the patience to document all of it. All I did was put some of the pink stuff on a q-tip and rub really hard for quite a while. Eventually the paint came right off! A lot of the chips look just like they would if you had used Dr. Colorchip to start with, so I'm completely done with those. The rest of them I have to finish up tomorrow

Yet another win for the good dr...

Great news. Winning.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

spencers Guest
    Need to order some of this stuff!

Awesome!

Can Dr.Color chip be used to fill tiny scratches?

I've been able to wetsand most, but I don't want to go any deeper

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Nice new sig pic, actually its awesome. Have you washed your paint off?

LOL love the Kubric reference, Ryan
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

That's it, I'm buying the stuff now. Have a glob of touch up paint right on the top of my driver's side door - see it every time I get in the car. Hope it works! Thanks for posting that info.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by M0nk3y View Post
    Awesome!

Can Dr.Color chip be used to fill tiny scratches?

I've been able to wetsand most, but I don't want to go any deeper
    When I used it on my Tahoe, I filled in some scratches and you need to know where they are to find them. The Tahoe was a metallic paint and I think it makes a difference. The imola red ZHP chips did not have the same outstanding results as the Tahoe.