Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

At least I stopped before I did some real damage - Angle Eye install gone wrong

My plan for today was to install the Orion V2s I just got and go out to the autocross event in Bossier City and meet up with Spencers. After four hours, I managed to crack the passenger side headlight vanity, lose a torx-25 bit in the engine bay, and drop two wire taps to the bottom of the ecu box. And no eyes starring back at me.

I cracked the vanity not paying attention when putting the headlight back together. I lost the torx-25 bit opening up the ecu box. Went to Autozone and bought an actual screwdriver to finish the job. The wiretaps that came with the angel eyes just didn't want to snap onto the 12V line and my bear paws don't do well with small parts. After dropping the first one I should have stopped, but the wire tap was the last thing I needed to do, so I used the one for the remote hook-up and within a minute had dropped it too.

Later this week I am going to the car stereo shop down the street to see if they can finish the wire tap.

I could not see/find the trox bit I dropped in the engine bay. If I don't care about getting it back, is there anything wrong with just letting it rattle out and get lost on the road?

Have so been there myself.

The torx bit is most likely siting on your splash shield right now. I would just take 5 minutes to drop the shield and get it.

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Bummer. If you were closer I'd give you a hand.

Just did some searching and I can't find a place that sells the vanity by itself. It isn't even listed as a separate part on RealOEM.

Am I going to need to make a trip to the junk-yard?

Which piece are we talking about? #9?

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

You need pliers to complete the tap. Those wires aren't small and hands won't do it.

We've all been through it. I lost a wire-tap on my 3rd install for a friends car. Had to go to autozone and pick up some more

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

had to come back and comment on this, loose torx 25 bay in the engine wont ef anything up, get it if convenient/possible otherwise itll sit well. wire taps are just simple wire splicers. go to your local osh / home depot and you can pick up a whole box of those for $11. splice both the wires and it'll light right up. pc out.

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Which piece are we talking about? #9?

It is the black piece inside the headlight that surrounds the lamps.

You mean the headlight trim? That shouldn't be too hard to find. IIRC, there's another image on Real OEM that has the part number listed.

Didn't find a part number, but I did find it in carbon fiber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast