Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Side Markers - Which type of bulb?

Looking to replace my side markers.. these seem like a good deal: ($35/pair)

http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/light...e-markers.html

But they have a few options for bulbs and I'm not sure which to choose.

I want to stick with the 'clear' marker color but for the bulbs what do you guys think?

E46 Coupe 04-06 LED (amber flash):

1) LED Pair (Lights up Amber) + $3.00
    2) LED Pair (Lights up Hyper white) + $3.00
    3) Halogen Chrome Amber Pair (No egg-yolk look, lights up OEM amber) + $7.00 <- Best option?
    4) No thanks + $0.00 <- Is this non LED (halogen) aka what I have now?

As you can see my car needs them, they look nasty..

I would go with Chrome Amber. That's what I will be doing when I can swing it - probably later this summer.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

spencers Guest
    You can get OEM clear sidemarkers for $15 each at Pelican Parts... Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    You can get OEM clear sidemarkers for $15 each at Pelican Parts... Just saying....
    I'm open to any option, just seemed like khoalty had them for a good price. I checked Pelican Parts, does this look correct?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...om%203%2F03%29

Says $19/each which puts them at about the same price. However, is the above link OEM? I know the khoalty brand is DEPO which I think is Chinese so the quality might be so so. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by spencers View Post
    Good find spencers.

The OEM sidemarkers for Sedans/Wagons are made by FER and sell for $15.50 at Pelican Parts... the OE sidemarkers, "Genuine BMW", sell for $26.75. (click More Info next to the part on Pelican Parts to see this option for purchase)

The OEM sidemarkers for Coupes/Convertibles are made by FER and sell for $19.00 at Pelican Parts... the OE sidemarkers, "Genuine BMW", sell for $31.00.
    Last edited by billschusteriv; 05-26-2011 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Fixed my wording... I sounded like a jerk....

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

^^ sweet. i just learned something. thanks bill.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Short history: I bought a OEM waterpump for my E30 that crapped out on me after 10k miles. I opted to buy the OE one so I could return it to the stealer should it fail.

Some parts it matters... some it doesn't. It would probably help if we collectively share stories like that or have a list of parts that we recommend each other buy OE or from a certain vendor.

On the other hand, Marcus had the OE high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) replaced on the E9x when it failed... only to have it fail again... and again...
    Last edited by billschusteriv; 05-24-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: corrected inaccurate statement.

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    Short history: I bought a OEM waterpump for my E30 that crapped out on me after 10k miles. I opted to buy the OE one so I could return it to the stealer should it fail.

Some parts it matters... some it doesn't. It would probably help if we collectively share stories like that or have a list of parts that we recommend each other buy OE or from a certain vendor.

On the other hand, Marcus had the OE high pressure fuel pump (HPFP) on the E9x when it failed... only to have it fail again... and again...
    Luckily I didn't buy anything. BMW kept replacing it under warranty. I assume they replaced it with a BMW part. Hpfp that ended in 933.

iPad. Tapatalk. Bi-winning.

Good info about OEM vs OE, but back to the topic of side markers.. anyone that has replaced theirs.. opinions on choices available please!

spencers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    I'm not trying to be a jerk spencers...
    OEM = sold by the original equipment manufacturer; and is not interchangeable with OE = BMW original equipment..
    What's your point??? I said OEM...
    He'd be much better off buying FER than the chinese junk, in my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast