Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Au2bahn's ZHP ESS TS2 Project Build - (PICS)

I started this winter project with the notion of just rebuilding my Vanos and cooling system overhaul. While I had everything apart in my heated garage, I figured while I was in there, I might as well add an ESS TS2 kit which I planned to install eventually. Since ESS had a holiday promo back in December, I took advantage of it and hence the prolonged winter project. It took me longer than normal since I work on it only on weekends, I replace and add things as I go and also work on other projects for friends. Part of the purchase decision was the challenge of doing the install myself. I have always worked on cars since I was 16 and I figured this will be a moderate task and not time consuming like an engine rebuild. I rate the install with 10 being the hardest as a 6. The ESS kit is spot on except for some modifications I did to ensure the TS runs flawlessly without contamination. Its definitely quick!!!! Here are some pics of the process:

Started to take off pieces:

Vanos Removed and ready to be rebuilt:

Vanos Rebuild Process:

Vanos Rebuild all done:

Cooling System off:

Cooling System Components:

Thats an EMP Stewart water pump!!!

Now for the fun part:

Intake Manifold Before:

Intake Manifold Removed:

Removed TB, ICV and cleaned thoroughly:

New Bigger injectors:

Air to Water Intercooler installed:

IC Pump:

Twin Screw Installed:

Running lines and hoses for boost gauge:

Final install stages:

Oil Separator since the oem CCV is gone:

Ran SS hoses for durability:

Ran SS hoses for durability:

Rest of engine components installed:

......and DONE!
    Last edited by Au2bahn; 01-23-2012 at 05:24 AM.
    Jon Estrella - 997 Turbo

Now THAT's what I'm talking about.

Great project thread!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

And this, my friends, is why I love the projects forum.

Mind blown.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Very nice! Did you get some before & after dyno numbers?

Thanks and No....I have not done any dynos yet. I will definitely post as soon as I do.

Currently, it runs very very strong hitting 9psi at full boost using an AEM digital boost gauge.

All the mods are not seen from the outside.....but I have definitely shocked a few M3's, 550's and Carrera's. My car shows the unique lines of the ZHP using OEM add ons as much as I can except for the wheels and a drop.
    Last edited by Au2bahn; 06-15-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Jon Estrella - 997 Turbo

325i, 2005, 5MT, Silvergrey, leatherette, Sport package; CDV delete, KONI STR-T & KYB Excel-G, Weisslichts, Stewart H2O pump

328i, 2010, 6MT, Spacegrey, dakota leather, M-sport packages; has a 330 intake but no tune - yet
    http://s900.photobucket.com/user/othibau/media/Junesig.jpg.html][IMG]http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac208/othibau/Junesig.jpg

Ok. Now im extremely jealous. Especially the fact you keep most of the exterior OEM. and i thought a normal ZHP was sneaky fast...... Excellent job.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Beautifully done.... The attention to detail is also something to be proud of: taping off inlets, sealing up ports with rags and placing everything off the ground. Excellent job
    STEVEN ~ 05 ZHP Coupe Sparkling Graphite Metallic - AFE Filter/ CDV Delete/ eBay Headers

Quote Originally Posted by Au2bahn View Post
    Thanks and No....I have not done any dynos yet. I will definitely post as soon as I do.

Currently, it runs very very strong hitting 9psi at full boost using an AEM digital boost gauge.

All the mods are not seen from the outside.....but I have definitely shocked a few M3's, 550's and Carrera's. My car shows the unique lines of the ZHP using OEM add ons as much as I can except for the wheels a drop.
    Jon, that's great stuff.

Are you going to the Virginia Mafia meet in 12 days?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast