Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Experience with KW V2s?

Any of you guys have experience with KW V2s? I am thinking of this set up for the car, will be mostly daily driven with the occasional track runs.

Thanks
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

Eli has them and loves them. This will be my next set.

You won't be disappointed.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Thanks Mr. Wilson. Do you know if they are hard to install/adjust yourself? I would think the valving would need to be adjusted by a shop, what about height adjustment though?

Adjusting ride height is a breeze. I can go from slammed to stock (on my FK's) in about 30-45 minutes.

Valving is typically adjusted using a specially provided tool used in the top of the coilover. Usually the front dampening can be adjusted easily....whareas the rear is what you set it on during install. On mine...to adjust rear dampening..I would have to pull the shock, adjust, and re-install.

Ride height is adjustable using this collar (purple).....

Using this wrench....

Then the dampening up front is adjustable with a tool that is inserted in the top (which changes the valving) - Where I have the green dot placed.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane's right, I have them on my car. I've had them for about 2 years now and can say that the car handles better and is smoother than stock. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Adjusting ride height is a breeze. Turn collars towards bottom of strut until collars cannot be turned anymore. Loctite. Done.
    Fixed...

bimmerlifestyle bought some v1 and loved them. v2 are only better :D

Quote Originally Posted by Smilez View Post
    bimmerlifestyle bought some v1 and loved them. v2 are only better :D
    I was looking at the V1s too, the only difference is the valve adjustment right? I thought being able to adjust the valves would be better for track use.

V2's allow you to also adjust the rebound damping. V1's are preset from factory and are not adjustable.

http://www.kw-suspension.com/us/kw_p...nPage=coilover

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    I had the KW V2s on my 335. Loved them. I endorse the product.

End result:

And some fun ones:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast