Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mmm, me likey Marcus, and I very rarely enjoy white cars. That looks niceeee though mang!
    MODS: Badassery | Pure Awesomeness | My Blog

It's all about accessorizing.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Adjusting ride height is a breeze. Turn collars towards bottom of strut until collars cannot be turned anymore. Spot weld. Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pswirley View Post
    Fixed...
    Fixed again. Nicely played CaSeY.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Valving is typically adjusted using a specially provided tool used in the top of the coilover. Usually the front dampening can be adjusted easily....whareas the rear is what you set it on during install. On mine...to adjust rear dampening..I would have to pull the shock, adjust, and re-install.
    Ugh, I hope the KW's are cheap, that sounds like a royal PITA.

I'd probably go PSS9 for an aggressive adjustable street setup, or AST 4100 for just a bit more.

Not really. The rear shock is pretty easy to remove on an E46.

KW V2's can be had for around $1,500 right now.

Oh jesus, I just looked at the prices, definitely go AST! Or if that's just out of your price range, the Bilstein PSS will be higher quality for lower price with easier adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    KW V2's can be had for around $1,500 right now.
    ECS Tuning listed the price at $1900, is there somewhere cheaper?

Modbargains seems to have the lowest prices.

Whoops, sorry - that price is for the V1's. Sheesh, I only paid $1,400 for my KW V2's.

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    And I guess I could contribute something to the thread other than bashing... For your use, I'd probably recommend some Eibach Pro-Kit or H&R Race with some Koni FSD or Bilstein sport shocks and some H&R swaybars.

My ZHP came with Eibach Pro-kit springs from the P.O. and I was really impressed. Just a bit firmer, just a bit lower, but controlled body roll well. I'll definitely continue to run them during the winter.

The Koni FSDs get good reviews for being comfortable but firm, and the Bilsteins are higher quality, though may be a bit rougher ride than the FSDs. The H&R swaybars will help reduce roll without causing much reduction in ride comfort. I'd recommend the Hotchkis bars as they're lighter and stiffer, but the H&R bars have teflon lined bushings that never make noise or need to be greased, which is nice in a DD.

Next step up would be the Bilstein PSS, then I'd look at AST after that. I love my ASTs. =]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast