Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

bumper sagging due to cracked bracket

Hello All,

After attempting to complete the diy for fixing e46 bumper sagging, I have found that one of my plastic brackets (C clamp looking figure) top rail is partially cracked. I noticed that the particular piece on the bumper had a part number 51 11 7 893 329 . But i could not find it anywhere on google. Is there a fix for this? Can i replace the bracket? Do i seriously need to get a new bumper? A pic below is what is cracked. thanks.

Try typing into search box at www.ecstuning.com

Hit enter. Tell me what you find.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Dane,

ecs tuning gives me no luck. It displays a different part and number than requested. Thanks though.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Try typing into search box at www.ecstuning.com

Hit enter. Tell me what you find.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!

That part # is not on realoem.
    Are you sure you have the right part #? It looks real to me, but if RealO can't find it, I'd be hard pressed to imagine it's valid...
    Has anyone ever come across a real part # that RealOEM can't find?

Trancenation,
    Are you sure you wrote down the part # correctly? Perhaps a number or two got dislexi-sized?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I need another pic. Isn't that part of the pork chop?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    That part # is not on realoem.
    Are you sure you have the right part #? It looks real to me, but if RealO can't find it, I'd be hard pressed to imagine it's valid...
    Has anyone ever come across a real part # that RealOEM can't find?

Trancenation,
    Are you sure you wrote down the part # correctly? Perhaps a number or two got dislexi-sized?
    Yes, I'm sure. The part number that I listed above is for the driver side. The passenger side also has a different part number and ends with 330 instead of 329. Maybe they only come with the bumper cover?

Also, On the mtech2 front bumper parts diagram, it doesn't look like the part i'm looking for is defined.

Quote Originally Posted by trancenation View Post
    Yes, I'm sure. The part number that I listed above is for the driver side. The passenger side also has a different part number and ends with 330 instead of 329. Maybe they only come with the bumper cover?
    If it has a part #, it's available separately. BMW doesn't assign part numbers to things you can't buy individually, which is why this is unusual that the part # provided doesn't seem to exist.

Call the dealer and provide them the part #; perhaps their system is a little bit more comprehensive.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Dane,
    I'm currently at work so I just used google to find a picture. So it's the whole plastic portion that i need with the c clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I need another pic. Isn't that part of the pork chop?

I've found a link to where someone mentioned the same part number, but I have no idea what they are saying.
    http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/dring...o-t353455.html

I am 99% sure you cant get just that part. 1 reason, look how it is attached to the outer bumper skin. Melted rivets or tabs, so it would be nearly impossible to remove that piece and attach a new piece.

I would try epoxying a metal tab etc and see if you can fix it that way, otherwise new bumper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast