Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    David, congrats on getting it completed.

Well done brutha. Ask me how I know....

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Good job David! I'm still debating whether I want to do my shocks/struts and control arms myself or have someone else do them for me. What was the issue with the strut springs? Was the compresser like this one?....

That's the type that O'Reilly has for rent here and I'm just wondering if I would end up having the same struggle with the springs that you had. I remember years ago I put struts in my 2002 and had a cheap JC Whitney compresser and it kept wanting to walk around the springs as I tightened it so I had to use 4 visegrips clamped onto the springs to keep it in place.

Barry

Yup, Thats the guy. It just wouldnt cut it. Hell, i had four onthere and that didnt do it either. If I was you, I would ask my indie shop what they would charge you to Set the new springs on the struts. You can use the too above to remove the original spring, then take the new spring, new strut, along with the old top hat and spring mount to the indie and have them do the compression. Bet it costs you $50 or less. Should only take them 1/2 max. Thats my 2 cents!
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Yup, Thats the guy. It just wouldnt cut it. Hell, i had four onthere and that didnt do it either. If I was you, I would ask my indie shop what they would charge you to Set the new springs on the struts. You can use the too above to remove the original spring, then take the new spring, new strut, along with the old top hat and spring mount to the indie and have them do the compression. Bet it costs you $50 or less. Should only take them 1/2 max. Thats my 2 cents!
    Thanks David, actually I would be using my old springs again so I should be ok with that one then? I just don't know if I want to deal with it since there is a good suspension/alignment guy right across the street from where I work and his rates are reasonable.

I'll probably take it to him first and check things out to see if the balljoints etc. are due. I'm at 87,000 but everything still feels tight and I am not sure if the PO may have already replaced the control arms. I doubt it though. Maybe just do the shocks/struts and wait on the control arms and CABs.

Barry

Well, might as well knock out the cabs while ur in there, should just be another $80 or so DIY. I should have done it. And if you do them together, you get one alignment, and your done.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Well, might as well knock out the cabs while ur in there, should just be another $80 or so DIY. I should have done it. And if you do them together, you get one alignment, and your done.
    Good point about the alignment. I might as well just replace it all at once.....control arms and bushings and shocks/struts. I have everything on hand already and if these lasted almost 90,000 the next set should last me for many years.

I was out David's way today and got to check out the new suspension. It...is...sweet! Looks really good.
    He might have to do something else, but I'll let him explain it.

Anyways, I snapped pictures!

Should've snapped one from the front, but again, it looks soooo good. Good job David!

Please visit my build page here, on CarDomain.

It look realllly good Ryan, thanks for posting pics I've been buggin' him!
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

spencers Guest
    Autozone.com
    Looks baller

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast