Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by JHiggy View Post
    Hey guys, I apologize if this has been answered elsewhere; looked but didn't find.

What was your process/experience sending the DME (aside from Dane w/ Shark)?

Specifically, I'm interested in how much $$ damage and time I'll be without my ride.

Thanks in advance.
    Well...I think it has to be shipped to Jersey.......I bet your looking at 10 days...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by BADCLOWN View Post
    FWIW: i got the DME in my car reflashed (apparently had never been in its prior owner(s) hands) for $100 bucks and 1.5 hours of updating time at a certified BMW shop.
    Above quote from this related thread:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...solve-it/page8

Thanks guys. At the recent Tech Session in San Diego, I asked the tech if my software should be updated. He reported that my software was last updated/representative of a 2005 version. Not sure if this is the same thing as the DME reflash as I'm wondering if more needs to be/could be done in-house per the posted thread above; separate from sending to NJ. The tech didn't seem to indicate a need to update the software based upon his review but I've now found a few posts from some of the mafia indicating multiple updates (flashing?). Aplogies if my question/concern is too elementary. I'll just contact an indy (Euro Auto Spot in SD) to see if they can update post 2005 version.

I had my DME reprogrammed under warranty in Fall 2007 and it took 3 1/2 weeks! You'd think they would be in a rush but no, they shipped it ground both ways to NJ. Whatever, I had a 335i rental on their dime so it was a nice change. Sadly my 4k dip returned after 500 or so miles. It doesn't do it every time but if I floor it just at the right time I can get it to do it on cue.

Does anyone know when they came out with the newer designed DISA valve?

William.
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Quote Originally Posted by JHiggy View Post
    At the recent Tech Session in San Diego, I asked the tech if my software should be updated. He reported that my software was last updated/representative of a 2005 version.
    Did you get a printout? The latest BMW software version is 7561520. IIRC, it dates back to 2005.

Assuming you're planning to install performance software, this has been addressed elsewhere but for clarification:

Get the latest BMW software prior to installing performance software (not vice versa). You do not need to go to a dealer for this. An indie shop equipped with autologic can do this for you. Note: not all indie shops are so equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    Does anyone know when they came out with the newer designed DISA valve?
    It was given a new part number as of April, 2004. Part # 11617544805.

My dme update was done at and indie shop. I'll look at the paperwork when i get home, they gave me the printout.
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

I think the newest BMW software came out in 2008.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    My dme update was done at and indie shop. I'll look at the paperwork when i get home, they gave me the printout.
    How much did the shop charge for the update?

Usually about an hours worth of labor.

HTC Thunderbolt+TT

The hit me with 2 hours.

BTW: I looked hard for a 4200rpm flat spot and can't find one.
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567