Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flat sound

Flat sound

I'm generally unimpressed with the stock HK system. It sounds very flat no matter how I tweak the settings. I became quite alarmed today when i realized that the factory head unit is integrated with the HVAC controls and it doesn't look like an aftermarket head unit would fit. I usually install nice sound systems in my cars. My last car was pushing 1400 watts RMS.

Am I SOL?
    2004 Alpinweiss 330Ci ZHP 6MT

You can move the hvac controls to where your little garage door is

And yeah....the h/k isn't the best system ever. The speakers aren't normal sizes either...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very interesting!

Step one: turn off that little button near your shifter that has a picture of a little speaker on it.

Step two: turn the speed adjusted volume down to the lowest setting

Step three: adjust bass and treble to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Step one: turn off that little button near your shifter that has a picture of a little speaker on it.

^^^
    This.

Which reminds me- does anyone know how to adjust the speed adjusting volume down when you have the nav set up?

Droid X. Tapatalk. Use it.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by cparker
    I'm generally unimpressed with the stock HK system. It sounds very flat no matter how I tweak the settings. I became quite alarmed today when i realized that the factory head unit is integrated with the HVAC controls and it doesn't look like an aftermarket head unit would fit. I usually install nice sound systems in my cars. My last car was pushing 1400 watts RMS.

Am I SOL?
    No. They make adaptor plates so STD unit will go in. I replaced everything. See mod list below.
    I
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

Thank you, I'll give this a try!

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    ^^^
    This.

Which reminds me- does anyone know how to adjust the speed adjusting volume down when you have the nav set up?

Not sure. But IIRC, on the Business CD, you hold down the music note button and use the + & - buttons to adjust. Pretty sure it needs to be done for each input (CD, radio, aux input, etc).

Not sure. But IIRC, on the Business CD, you hold down the music note button and use the + & - buttons to adjust. Pretty sure it needs to be done for each input (CD, radio, aux input, etc).
    Yep, I think that's right.

Unfortunately, no music note button on the nav.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

I was lucky enough to not have the nav system and I didn't have too much of an issue with the head unit swap. I would love to be able to replace the factory amp so I could get better sound but I don't have the loot to do that. I'll post a link of my front speaker install when I get to my computer.

Sent using Tapatalk on my rooted Droid. Wut?
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast