Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

For Sale (SOLD): 2005 BMW 330CI ZHP Performance Package Mystic Blue with Premium, Nav, Xenon, PDC - 52k miles/TN

2003 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2004 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2005 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    2006 BMW 330 ZHPs For Sale
    Let's call this a feeler post as I have no idea what as to what price to offer my car for sale. Even then I'm not entirely sure I am going to be selling. I've driven the car approximately 8k miles in the last year and a half.

I purchased this car from BMW of Arlington, VA in April 2008 after looking for a ZHP for a LONG time. I had never even seen a Mystic Blue ZHP until this one - so I jumped on it! It's beautiful. It came with CPO and Extended Maintenance. All service has been performed by either the Arlington, VA BMW dealer or the Nashville, TN BMW dealer.

2005 BMW 330CI "ZHP"
    6MT
    52,000ish miles
    Mystic Blue with Black Leather
    No license plate holes in front bumper
    All stock except for a euro tray with sliding cover (still have cup holders) and aux input in cigarette lighter
    I have all original documentation and new records

Options:

* Performance Package
    * Premium Package
    * Xenon Lights
    * Navigation
    * Parking Distance Control

Replaced under warranty at time of CPO inspection:

* Rear tires
    * Alcantara Shift Boot
    * Alcantara Steering Wheel
    * Alcantara A-pillars

All service has been performed at the dealer (under warranty and extended maintenance program):

* BM53 Radio replaced
    * FM Amplifier replaced
    * DME reprogrammed
    * Inspection II
    * Belts
    * Wipers
    * Oil Changes

The title is perfectly clear, but there was a small accident resulting in airbag deployment but NO PAINT WORK. A piece of road debris passed under the air dam but then "popped up" once under the car, striking the front right control arm. Repair was performed by Wagon Work in Alexandria, VA (AMAZING shop). The resulting bill was $10k, $5k of which was parts cost for air bags, headliner, etc. Again - NO PAINT WORK. The plus? You have brand new control arms, headliner, and steering wheel! I've since driven the car over 10k miles and it's just like new. I doubt a technician could tell it was ever in an accident except for the new components. There is curb rash on 3 of the wheels, and a few nicks here and there from normal use. I can give it a better look-over next time I drive it.

The car is located in Nashville, TN. But I could easily get it to DC/ATL, etc if necessary.

What is the 'Mafia's thought on price? I don't have any pictures of my specific car hosted.. but this is pretty much exactly what it looks like:

Thanks for the recommendations:
    Billy

Billy, nice car.

So tough to price that car. On the one hand, you had a hefty bill to repair the car. On the other hand, there was no paint work. That's good.

In addition to the control arms, what else did the dealer have to replace under the car? Sounds like quite a few parts had to be replaced as a result of the debris that swooped in under the car. It might be easier if you take a look at the repair order and see what they had to do. If parts were $5K, that debris walked through your undercarriage and drilled some expensive parts.

A little more information would be helpful.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the reply; I'm trying to find the docs. All parts were BMW OEM, so therefore $Texas. Airbags and the alcantara pieces were unbelievably expensive from the dealer ($1500 for wheel, $1300 for airbags, $500 headliner). Even little things like the safety battery terminal can be $1k once replaced and installed. That and the shop is super pricey so I think the largest remaining chunk of cost was labor ($105/hr mechanical). Edit: just found some notes I had on my computer.

Yeah. The wheel is very expensive. Airbags add up too.

I think you're doing it right. Just disclose the information and assign your best to price it. If I did an inspection of the car, and found nothing wrong, I wouldn't have a problem buying a car like that.

One other question: did this get reported to Carfax or Autocheck?

I asked them if it would show up in Carfax and they said no. I never ran it though.

Don't believe them, Billy.

My 335 was damaged inside of a BMW dealership work bay. The technician allowed my car to get in gear while they were working on my car. Slow speed damage (about 1-2 MPH). Dimpled headlight (replaced), paint transfer on driver door (repaired), hood crease (replaced), bumper cover dented in awkward place (replaced), driver side mirror scratched (fixed).

The dealer went through their insurance. I was assured that there would be no problems with carfax. That's true. But there was a problem on Autocheck. Showed an accident at center of car. Didn't give any details about where the accident took place or how ridiculously slow the car was going. Anyhow, Autocheck revealed that accident.

If there was an insurance claim, there is a good chance that Autocheck picked this one up -- even if Carfax didn't.

That's why I have Autocheck as an affiliate advertiser on our site. Look in the first post or last post of every thread in the classifieds section. There is a link that says: "Check for Accidents Before you Buy." I don't much care about carfax, simply because they miss a lot of accidents that Autocheck picks up.

That car rulz...

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

i'm in for more pics ... i'm a little skeezed out by the fact the airbag was deployed etc.. etc..

what do you want for it?

Quote Originally Posted by leadsupplier View Post
    i'm in for more pics ... i'm a little skeezed out by the fact the airbag was deployed etc.. etc..

what do you want for it?
    I'll see about getting some pics of it.

The airbags deployed by struck of horrible luck because of how/where the debris (I think it was a drum brake) impacted. I'm not sure of the specifics of where the sensors and everything are, but it hit just in the right spot to make them trip. But all is as-new now.

I'll look around at prices, etc.

I wanted the Mystic Blue coupe so badly for the longest time, but had to go with the sedan. It's a lovely car though. Good luck to you. Some lucky peep will be rolling in that.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast