Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Ahh, thanks, DW.

Just because the Hunter said it's the same as a regular 330 that doesn't mean it's correct - it was programmed by a human after all.
    if/when I get an alignment, i am gonna verify with a dealer and/or specialized indie shop that the ZHP does have more (-) camber or not.

So what was the reason to get an alignment?
    regular maintenance or was it having some symptom/problem?
    If it did, what was the problem?
    did the alignment solve it?

Thanks.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I got the alignment because tire wear dictated it.

The dealer concurred with the zhp spec, as well as the link (post 5), who also verified with the dealer.

It wasn't only because the computer said so....did you read the above?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Hmmm, Interesting, the ZHP requires toe out instead of toe in as in the ZCP 330.

I'll be zeroing mine out once I lower and change control arms.

Positive toe would make the car very twitchy to steering input at highway speeds.
    Last edited by VA//M3; 04-27-2011 at 09:59 PM.

worth noting?

I too need an alignment -- you guys will love the reason why: noticed the lock nuts on both tie rod ends were totally loose. Which was neat. Anyhow, didn't lose a wheel but the front tires were wearing quickly & unevenly (big shocker).

Anyhow, sold the tires & wheels in question but now that I have the 135's back on the car (with nice bald Michelin PS1's), I'm thinking about new tires. I've got a new set sitting in my TireRack.com wish list but before I pull that trigger, it's alignment time.

After reading this thread and the e46fan thread linked in post #5, it seems all we need to do is make sure the tech doing the work chooses coupe vs sedan and uses the Sport specs for 18" wheels (the std ZSP wheel being 17"). See first image below.

Easy enough but here's the curve ball. Looking at the add'l images below, lifted from another alignment thread here on this site, it seems the setting might change if you are running the OE BMW shock tower reinforcement plates (BMW p/n 51717036781).

Or is it that you simply realign to ZSP 18" specs after installing the plates? Discuss...

Note: the data below is all related to coupes.

Last edited by aurelius; 05-02-2011 at 10:54 AM.

When I had my alignment done, I asked the guy to align according to lowered sport suspension but he told me that it doesn't matter because the machine is set up based on VIN#. I don't know how well it gets aligned, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. Either way, it was the only shop that would touch my car because most shops won't touch a lowered car.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by aurelius View Post
    ...it seems the setting might change if you are running the OE BMW shock tower reinforcement plates (BMW p/n 51717036781).
    Update: according to Turner Motorsport, a big proponent of the above-quoted reinforcement plates, alignment specs do not change with the plates installed.

I put the specs in there...

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I wonder if just a bit of extra camber in my rear would help with the deep dip rubbing of my tires. Since I only rub on deep dips, would the extra camber wear the tire far more than the occasional rub? I'll probably rub at least once every time I go out if I'm not watching certain dips.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

^Yes....it would help.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast