Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    But would extra negative camber be worse or better for tire wear if I only rub lightly once and a while?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post
    But would extra negative camber be worse or better for tire wear if I only rub lightly once and a while?
    Worse. It will have its cost. Additionally, a rough thumbrule you can use is.... for every inch you lower your car, you will produce about 1* of negative camber.
    Sent from SIGFest-2012, USA on HTC via TTv2
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

OK....so what I'll do today is have them maintain the camber I'm at now....since I only get occasional rub and my next tires will be 255 instead of 265. But align everything else to spec. Does that sound logical?
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Yes.....but...

Be advsed, that with your setup, you'll never see the BMW spec's.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

ok gotcha...i'll report the numbers if anyone know how to read them to see if they did a good job.. :S I'm newb with alignment.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Then he drove it and fine tuned it from experience in feeling it!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Are those the final readings? Why would he leave toe like that on the right front?

This was the print out after. He was saying how the car is lowered the camber will be more than normal which you said already. After that print out he test drove and put it back on the ramp for another minor adjustment using just his senses.

--Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Quote Originally Posted by Rovert View Post

This was the print out after. He was saying how the car is lowered the camber will be more than normal which you said already. After that print out he test drove and put it back on the ramp for another minor adjustment using just his senses.

Putting mine with your's as a comparison.

Wow.....he didn't have to do a whole lot. Didn't do anything to camber or caster and changed toe like 1/8"

I would love to know where the specs come from....as ours are different.

I took some pics while it was being done....I have no idea about what types of machines are used for alignment. But it seemed pretty high-tech to me! LOL

He had to torch a ceased adjustment screw....

And this is what was used:
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast