Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newb experimenting/bored - random pics...

some more randoms:

2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Are you using a macro lens, Wash?

Love the shots.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

The B/W pictures introduces alot of noise (and the last shot as well).

Other than that, nice

Project STX: TCKline Racing l APEX l Vorshlag l Eibach l Hawk l Schroth l BMW Performance

Thanks.
    No special macro lens; just the Nikkor 18-55 kit lens - it can focus pretty close. 1 or 2 of those pics might have been manual focus, had to do that when i got too close to the object - otherwise you can't release the shutter.

EDIT: yeah there's noise - I forgot to turn off the Auto ISO - again! Arrrgh!
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

I say a macro is in your future. You have a nice eye for close up shots.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Cool pics. I like the B&W one best. Being picky, since you were just messin' around, but maybe some opinions help form the craft. Personally, I would prefer more light on the top of the cork to highlight the words, and less on the end. Love the composition, the subjects, and the close ups.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

oh thanks guys - PLEASE point out anything you see - i have no other means of 'learning'...i am def thinking of a macro lens...when i feel i deserve it someday.

B&W ftw. I wont attempt to articulate why I feel that way...but I do. Great shots.
    -ADAM

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    oh thanks guys - PLEASE point out anything you see - i have no other means of 'learning'...i am def thinking of a macro lens...when i feel i deserve it someday.
    What John said is right on-- your eye tends to go to the lightest part of the picture-- which in the case of the cork is the front edge. Working a little overhead lighting would balance that out.

I take a lot of pics-- and I learn from everyone.

You've got the right attitude-- I always value criticism as it is often the best way to improve.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

thanks for the lighting tip. I had the exposure compensation turned down 2 notches from normal, as I like dark looking pics, that might have contributed to it as well...
    although I do find the texture details on the cork-bottom in 2nd pic (from top) also rather cool - it was accidental, though...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast