Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I'm not sure but I think it does. The latch can be pushed into the grill while the hood is closed just like it is supposed to, but it doesn't stay that way unless I hold it.
    Mmph.

Droid + Tapatalk = FTW!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    Sounds like a similar problem I was having with my e30. My indy mechanic would always adjust the cable for me to resolve the issue. Several times I was convinced it was broken and I was going to have to replace the mechanism... but he'd be able to adjust it and get it working again.

I haven't adjusted it myself... but I believe the adjustable part is numbered 6 and/or 7 - this is for the mechanism that goes from the latch inside to the handle outside.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Adding my 2 cents on the hood emblem, I'd replace the grommets. My new trunk emblem was loose and I got new grommets, fits perfect now. I didn't bother trying the old hood grommets, I just replaced them. And a helpful note for anyone who's not aware: the hood and trunk emblems use different sized grommets.

Quote Originally Posted by billschusteriv View Post
    Sounds like a similar problem I was having with my e30. My indy mechanic would always adjust the cable for me to resolve the issue. Several times I was convinced it was broken and I was going to have to replace the mechanism... but he'd be able to adjust it and get it working again.

I haven't adjusted it myself... but I believe the adjustable part is numbered 6 and/or 7 - this is for the mechanism that goes from the latch inside to the handle outside.

So I fiddled with it again yesterday when I was washing my car. I can push the latch down by hand and it will be flush with the grills, but it won't stay there. And if I lift up on it after I pull the pop hood latch, it seems like I'm gonna break it off. It doesn't always lift the hood right away. I looked around to see what was in the wrong place or what wasn't working right, but it's hard because I don't know what a proper hood latch should look like/behave.

I'll take a look again and see if it might be 6 or 7 on the diagram but I'm not 100% sure where to find those.

There is a thin strip of metal that presses against the upper radiator support beam. It acts like a spring to push the arm into the kidney grill. You can try to bend the strip out a little and it will push the arm in. Try not to bend it too much or too often. I eventually had mine break and had to buy a new latch. It was only about $20.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12