Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A huge THANK YOU to our host and his family for putting up with the mafia family for the weekend, not to mention all of the efforts necessary prior to this epic weekend! Likewise for all others involved, including the boss! A huge THANK YOU as well! Safe passage to everyone on their return home.

It was great meeting you all & I look forward to seeing everyone again soon. When is the next family meet?

I knew memories and life long friendships would be made going into this weekend...This meet wouldn't have been THIS successful if YOU didn't show up! THANK YOU!!! to my fellow members of the mafia that made this meet safe and successful. There were points where it wasn't even about the cars this weekend, just being together and sharing stories or running around trashed. I've put an additional 943.1 miles on my car and about 600 more to come...And now some shout-outs to people or things I randomly remember in no particular order:

Dane: You and your family are simply amazing...and your hospitality is greatly appreciated. I can't Thank You enough for hosting such a kick-ass weekend You even worked at Belissimo's for us!!! Talk about dedication

Mark: You taught me how to operate the internets, and I've already put my recent education to use. I get it now!! Thank You for taking the time away from your precious little one to spend with us in Virginia. I enjoyed your company. I love this site, without you this wouldn't be possible.

Rob: Sockethead is an understatement. You effing rock. Thanks for EVERYTHING...the rotors, plants, strut bar, WORKING ON MY BEATER while I was being A.D.D. this afternoon, trying to keep me inline... And letting me drive your ZHP

Dave: you are 6 ft. tall, lol. That London Broil was perfection...you are a damn good chef. Happy 2nd Birthday Hunter

Kyle: The crustaceans. LOL. Dang they stank! But it was appreciated by sooo many I'm sorry I called you Steve.

Botond: Im sad I didn't get to say goodbye!!! WTF?

Ryan: Thanks for not letting us pass out on Croaker Rd. and laughing with me all night Saturday. note.

Horney: Dude. You remind me of my friends back home, I had a great time hangin' with ya all weekend. Even down to getting pulled over tonight lawls. Nice drivebelt btw...

Keith: Beautiful Clean Car...and the Coolest Cop I will ever know Even a designated driver for drunken members...a true class act

Eduardo: Driving 2400 miles round trip with family in tow is dedication. I enjoyed dinner and can't wait to see you next year

Gary: Thanks for the dog/back seat protector thing

Ricky: Prince cracked me up all weekend. Today he said "Girl's don't drive BMW's" and then like 10 minutes later, "your BMW is a Honda...thats okay" lol, Kids!!

Had a great time putting names to faces. Can't wait til we meet again

ARE YOU HORNEY???? ...BLAST will eff you up!
    Last edited by kpro; 06-12-2011 at 10:37 PM. Reason: I can't spell.
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Just got home...
    Reserving this space Passing out in 5-4-3-...*snore*

RootedDROIDXstatus. Come at me, bro.

Guys, and KPRO :P It was an honor meeting all of you and I can't stress enough how everyone just clicked and acted like we had known each other for years.

I'd like to thank everyone who helped me out on Sunday, be it physical or technical or just giving words of encouragement. Eventually I got everything sorted! And I must say, that the car ran perfect the whole way home! No issues with temperature or loss of coolant I was worried that the diff had leaked more than necessary but I had it checked today and it was still within a finger dip. I may have a teaser thread soon...

Dane, What else can I say? You already know how much I appreciate everything you do for me personally, and us as a community. Thanks so much for having us and especially that part before I left where I got to ride in a Sharked ZHP...night and day between yours and mine! I now blame you for my desire to own a ZHP

Keith, It was a pleasure to meet you finally! Your insights on removing the lower radiator hose or ;lkkqwjejerpiutoaihg;adsfja;sldkhgafjaf hose, were put to good use and helping to pull my expansion tank, as well, was a time saver! I predict we will see each other shortly at Bimmerfest East.

Eduardo...man, I could shoot the BS with you for days! You are an expert story teller and and ever insightful guy. I hope Roundel Roundup works its way into fruition just as this meet had. Can't wait to see how Kvack turns out later down the road

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Now, make sure none of you loose your horneyplug!
    Thank the BMW gods, that Dane had an M52tub28 motor in his garage...Horney plug intact. How the hell did I loose that? The world may never know. Can't wait to receive royalties for the sale of the 'Horney Plug'

Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    Kyle: The crustaceans. LOL. Dang they stank! But it was appreciated by sooo many I'm sorry I called you Steve.

Me in particular!!

Ryan: Thanks for not letting us pass out on Croaker Rd. and laughing with me all night Saturday. note.

Couldn't agree more. That was a very fun evening

Horney: Dude. You remind me of my friends back home, I had a great time hangin' with ya all weekend. Even down to getting pulled over tonight lawls. Nice drivebelt btw...

The record still stands for those that are interested. She got a warning!
    Kristen, Your attitude is ridiculously contagious. Dinner on Sunday was a blast Keep on keepin on I done got's me a spare drive belt!

ARE YOU HORNEY???? ...BLAST will eff you up!
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus-SanDiego View Post
    Justin (Horny), I learned something about you this weekend (actually two things). One, you're a hard worker. I watched you sweat like a pig on Sunday. You did it with a smile the entire time. Additionally, I learned that pictures do not capture your true height. You're 6 feet 4 inches tall. In your pictures, you look 5 feet 2 inches. Brother, it was a joy hanging out with you all weekend. You've got a great life in front of you. Make sure you stay the same nice guy you are now, though. That's an attribute that you should continue to cultivate.
    That means a lot to read that, Mark. It was a pleasure talking with you and listening to your insights. I wish you the best with Jr.
    I got everything taken care of eventually! That was a fantastic day to DIY.

Quote Originally Posted by static667 View Post
    Justin. Thanks for helping eat all of those crabs.
    An extended thank you from my family as well as myself, Kyle. We had some crabs tonight for dinner...I'm no where near being 'crabbed out,' yet! My dad even commented on them, and he's the King Crab Eater in my house Nice work and solid execution!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitexi View Post
    Kristen for the entertainment and that line! I wonder if your note was ever found yet????

Justin for the tent the second night and everyone else for showing up to make this a great meet. Good people you all are and can't wait to do this again!!
    That note was found...I heard it was quite entertaining!

Ryan, it was good to meet you. I can't sleep in a six person tent and not offer you a place to crash LOL Thanks for driving KPRO and I home and chillin with us til the wee hours.
    Last edited by Hornung418; 06-13-2011 at 08:09 PM.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by kpro View Post
    Botond: Im sad I didn't get to say goodbye!!! WTF?
    I was looking and couldn't find you... I had to get moving to beat the traffix!
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I had to get sparkle plugs
    http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6136/5934684585_efb25fa4b8_m.jpg
    My garage: 08' Alpine White 135i Coupe putting out 405 wHP to BOTH rear wheels. 05' LeMans Blue X5 4.8is that I like to call Truckmeat. Socketheads 05' Dinan tuned ZHP, and a few Hondas to keep it real.

Wanted to drop a quick thanks to everyone for putting on an excellent event. This is the first time I have done any meet like this and I am totally hooked. Special thanks to Dane for hosting, your preparation definitely made for a great weekend for all. I was a pleasure meeting everyone, can't wait for next year!.... Now back to work on a Monday.

I am so glad I came to this meet. I have never been to a meet where I've felt more at home, relaxed and more importantly, Had so much fun.
    Lisa had a great time too. She felt right at home in the Mafia even though she's an "inside girl" ... I think someone called her "entertaining" Friday night, haha, she is that

It was great getting to meet everyone, doing some wrenching, talikng everything BMW and everything else. I suck with remembering names but I will always remember all of the friendly faces.... and all of those ZHPs!

Dane, thanks for donating your house. I hope we didn't trash it too bad
    It really was just like a family reunion
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

It was an honor to meet all of you guys.

I knew we had a great online community. However, you never know how well that will translate in person. Well, the verdict is in. You're even better in person than you are in the virtual world. I haven't seen this kind of community since 2001-2002, when the BMW community in San Diego was -- in my mind -- at its pinnacle. Trust me, even when you move on to different things, and different cars, some of you guys will continue to be friends long after this. Indeed, some of my best friends today came through friendships that were forged some ten years ago when I bought my first BMW. I consider it the golden age. I see a lot of similarities in this community -- right now. That's a testament to you guys.

Moving on, I'd like to recognize Dane. Dane, you opened your home to us as though you had known us for ten years. That takes some faith, brother. I'm not sure that I could have done it. After spending the weekend with you and your family, I now understand why it wasn't a problem. You're optimistic, trusting, and charitable. You wouldn't have had it any other way. Thanks for being the man you are.

Keith, our visit this weekend simply reaffirmed why you're one of my underbosses on this forum. You're a leader. You're loyal. You're unwavering. Thanks for being there in Williamsburg. And thanks for being here on a daily basis.

In no particular order, I'd like to give a shoutout to each person I met.

David, thanks for being a big contributor this weekend. The food was great (even if I got there late on Friday night). Also, thanks for supporting the site from the beginning.

Kyle, same to you, pal. Thanks for providing the edibles. Moreover, you're a heck of a nice guy. Even though you may have got tired of hearing my voice during the weekend, thanks for humoring me. You listened to my stories with a smile the entire time. Still, it was nice bouncing ideas off you. Thanks.

Kristen, you're a character. You march to your own drumbeat. No one will ever accuse of you of not having fun. You're also a sweetie. Thanks for taking care of me this weekend (thanks for getting me Hawaiian Punch, too).

Darius, nice meeting you. Good luck in Germany. Stay safe.

Brett, thanks for coming to the meet. It was great talking with you. I enjoyed checking out your imola red ZHP with natural brown interior with silver cube trim. First time I've seen that combo. Looked good.

Camilo, nice meeting you, too. Glad you could make the trip from the Bronx. Don't forget what we said. You're young. You have a lot of life in front of you. Enjoy it. Also, be sure to send my best to Benjamin. You've got a good wingman there, buddy.

Dave (from Colorado), it was a pleasure meeting you. You traveled a considerable distance to be in Williamsburg. I'm glad you made the trip. I have a feeling we'll meet again.

Stu, we didn't hang out much, but it was a pleasure meeting you. Thanks for attending the event.

Gary, thanks for getting me that Lemon Berry Hawaiian Punch. I had some on Sunday. It was great. It was great hanging out with you this weekend. Thanks for supporting what we do here.

Jon, dude, you have a great ZHP. I hate identifying a "best of" car from the meet, but if someone made me choose, I would choose yours. That ESS twin screw looks great under the bonnet. Your car is clean. You, meanwhile, are a really nice guy. I'm glad I had the chance to shake your hand. I look forward to seeing you again.

Rob, thanks for supporting the Mafia all weekend with your mechanical skills. You're a trooper. Please send my best to Lisa. It was a pleasure meeting the both of you.

Justin (Horny), I learned something about you this weekend (actually two things). One, you're a hard worker. I watched you sweat like a pig on Sunday. You did it with a smile the entire time. Additionally, I learned that pictures do not capture your true height. You're 6 feet 4 inches tall. In your pictures, you look 5 feet 2 inches. Brother, it was a joy hanging out with you all weekend. You've got a great life in front of you. Make sure you stay the same nice guy you are now, though. That's an attribute that you should continue to cultivate.

Pete (and Pete Sr.), thanks for taking care of us at the restaurant on Saturday afternoon and Saturday night. You guys were great. Also, it was nice being able to talk about food with people who do it right. I'll be sure to review your restaurant on Yelp. I'll happily be giving you five stars.

Ryan, the thing that stands out about you is that I don't remember much about your car. That's because you and I didn't talk about it much. In fact, we kept things on a personal level all weekend. You're a solid guy, brother. It was really nice hanging out with you. Looking forward to the next time we meet.

Botond, it was nice meeting you. I didn't get to hang out with you enough because you always seemed to be doing something with others -- from helping them with their cars to driving them places. But that's all right. You were helping support the Mafia. Good enough for me. We'll talk more next time.

Jesse, nice meeting you. It was nice hanging out with you on Friday. Gave us a chance to talk. Didn't see you much on Saturday but it was crazy around there. Please send my best to your friend, Adelle.

Eduardo, I don't have enough space here to extol the virtues of your family. Suffice it to say that it's obvious to me that you have an awesome family. What's more, you're one generous person. Thanks for everything this weekend. We must do it again.

Marc, thanks for being there. I had a chance to hang out with you quite a bit, which I'm thankful for. Your dad, who I've only heard about through you (and who sounds like a great man), raised a great son. If you ever do move to San Diego, you'd be welcomed with open arms. I hope to see you again.

Bruce, thanks for letting me drive the convertible ZHP. That's a beautiful car. You and I are "old" friends, since I've broke bread with you in San Diego before. But it was great seeing a familiar face at the meet. Made me feel a little more comfortable. Next time you make it out here, let me know. You and I have a standing dinner appointment every time you're here. Send my best to your family.

John, glad to finally meet you. Thanks for organizing the drive. You did a great job. If I knew I wouldn't see you on Sunday, I would have made sure that I said goodbye on Saturday. Oh, well. We'll see each other again.

Bill, I definitely didn't get to hang around you enough. Understandable, though. You were busy with the other family. Still, the time I did hang out with you was quality. So, good enough for me. It was nice meeting all of you.

Nick, it was nice meeting you this weekend. I don't remember the name of your friend (sorry about that; I do my best to remember everyone), but please send him my best. It was cool hanging out with you guys this weekend. It was nice talking with you before you left on Saturday night. Hope to see you again.

Ricky, my brother, thanks for being there this weekend. You're a great guy. And that little kid of yours, Prince, is a prince indeed. I look forward to meeting you again.

Tom, nice meeting you, too. Thanks for taking the pictures of our cars. You bought BP's wheels, right? If so, I want to see them on your car.

To those I may have forgotten in my roll call here (I'm assuming I missed one or two people), I apologize. The sleight is unintended. It's just an oversight by me.

And, finally, to those who were unable to attend: I didn't meet you this time around but I do hope to meet you at the next event. Perhaps you'll be able to make it to next year's reunion. That would be great.

The bar has been set high. It will be a challenge to top it. I look forward to giving it a whirl, though.

Thanks, all.

I'd like to thank everyone for going to the meet so Dane finally had to remove that gigantic sig pic from his profile

So glad to hear you guys all had such a wonderful time!

Zebra Horse Power - PSA: The Hypermiling Thread
    Kevin Savino-Riker
    Cogito Automation, LLC.
    I'm new at BMWs.

I'm expanding my list a bit.

David. Thanks for the appetizers and the conversations.

Kristen. Thanks for the priceless entertainment. The random running of laps up and down Dane's driveway was great.

Botond. Thanks for showing me the key to the chin trick and for pointing out the Tropical Smoothie on Saturday. You are a genius.

Justin. Thanks for helping eat all of those crabs.

Ryan. For helping Kristen chase a lizard and being a generally cool guy.

Keith. For the ever so tasty cigar and for being the man.

That's it for now. I'm liable to come up with more later.

Sent using Tapatalk on my rooted Droid. Wut?
    19" VMR VB3 CSL reps w/ General G-Max 3 A/S, BMW Performance short throw shifter, CDV delete, M54B30 swap, and a redneck CAI.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast