Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Difference between ZSP and ZHP sedan?!

Hi all

I currently own an e46 325i and looking to upgrade to a 330i. I am pulling the trigger on one soon but I dont know if it has the ZHP performance package or just the ZSP sport package. Only reason is it would be a bonus if it is a ZHP. Ive done some research and cant find a definite answer. Hopefully the answer isnt too obvious haha.

The specs:
    -2003 330i graphite grey, cold weather package, premium package (canadian spec)
    -m-tech front and rear bumpers, m steering wheel, m shift knob
    -black leather power seats with power lumbar
    -black cube interior trim and shadowline exterior trim, lip spoiler
    Pretty much everything pointing towards a ZHP

The problem:
    -Car doesnt come with OEM rims so I cant tell if its ZHP
    -In the ad it says its a 5 speed manual transmission. I read the 2003 only came in 6 speed
    -It is a canadian car so there arent red needles to help verify

Question:
    -Is this car a ZHP? If not, how can I tell if it is?
    -Is it possible for ZSP to have identical exterior/interior as ZHP?

Hopefully you guys can help clear this up!
    Last edited by Throttle Happy; 06-15-2011 at 11:27 AM.

This should be very helpful: http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...Package-Option

Welcome to the site, by the way.

I was just about to post the link that Marcus provided. Sounds like it might not be a ZHP.

Question: What transmissions were available for the BMW 330 ZHP?
    Answer: The 2003 model was only available in a 6-speed (Getrag) manual transmission (GS6-37BZ, part number 23007532498). From 2004 to 2006, the ZHP was available in a 6-speed manual transmission and automatic transmission.

Thanks! I have already looked at that a couple times but still cant figure it out.
    So if it is a 5 speed manual then it is not ZHP? =(

That is correct. The manual in the ZHP only came in 6 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle Happy View Post
    Thanks! I have already looked at that a couple times but still cant figure it out.
    Hold out for Zebra Horse Power!
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by Throttle Happy View Post
    This is the telltale. It appears it has all of the visual goodies (except wheels), but you just cannot easily swap the transmission without spending lots of money on it, so if it's a 6sp, it most likely is a ZHP, though still not definitive. Some non-ZHP 330i's came with 6-speed manuals, but a way to test this is to drive the car on the highway and check to see how many revs it's turning in 6th gear around 70mph. It should be turning around 3k at around 90mph (maybe a little less or a little more if I remember correctly). The ZHP's got a slightly higher ratio diff than regular 330's.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Question: And what about the BMW 330 vehicles in Canada that look like the ZHP in the United States?
    Answer: Canada was different. In fact, BMW created the M Performance Package in Canada. It not only got the looks of its US counterpart, it also got the upgraded camshafts and engine tweaks. One thing that it didn't get, though, was the red needles on the instrument cluster. Moreover, the redline is at 6500 RPM, even though the car will rev to 6800 RPM -- just like its US ZHP counterpart. It also got the BMW Performance Package exhaust with the thinner walls (exactly like the one on the ZHP). Therefore, while it was not given the ZHP code name, it's simply a ZHP by another name. Indeed, it was given the option code of ZAM.

Question: I know that I've seen other BMW 330 vehicles in Canada that look like the US ZHP and the Canadian M Performance Package. However, they did not get the upgraded engine tweaks. What was that version called?
    Answer: That's the M-sport package. The M-sport package came standard with 225 HP (like the stock 330) but it got the M-tech II Aero body kit. The M-sport package has the standard 330i thick chrome exhaust tips with the flap inside of the right-side tip.
    Sounds like it's either a Canadian ZAM or M-Sport; the 5-speed (if that's right) may point to M-Sport . . . but either way it won't be a "ZHP".

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

The ZAM was a 6 speed manual.